06 : 𝖫𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖨𝗌 𝖠 𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐

[🌌]

Two weeks had passed. Montverde had eventually won the coastal encounter against Nordame as they fetched the Laiman troops. Commander Choi had sent the majority across his motherland and around Galyette for defense and patrol purposes. Two hundred of them went back to camp. For the whole two weeks, Nordame ceased fire. It gave them time to recover and prepare.

It was nighttime. Dinner was roasting over the fire— Commander Choi and Corporal Pierre caught three wild pigs. The soldiers gathered around the big flame, sitting on logs as if they were just little boy scouts, and laughed as they chugged on beer. Most men were talking— things about their past, families and whatnot.

Sergeant Kang was playing his beloved guitar. Maria was beside him singing. Y/N enjoyed her moment, listening and humming to herself.

"I'm like the water when your ship rolled in that night. Rough on the surface but you cut through like a knife."

"And if it was an open-shut case, I never would've known from that look on your face. Lost in your current like a priceless wine."

Maria's voice captured the attention of the rest. One private drummed against the wood. Others jammed and clapped to such old English-like melody. Y/N smiled, sipping on her cup of squeezed orange. She swayed her body sideways like a kid to her favorite chorus.

"The more that you say the less I know. Wherever you stray I follow."

"I'm begging for you to take my hand, wreck my plans. That's my man."

Commander Choi stepped out of his tent to check on his troops. Seeing them joyous and chanting made him curious. He was drinking his own share of liquor as he trodded close.

"Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind. Head on the pillow, I could feel you sneaking in."

"As if you were a mythical thing, like you were a trophy or a champion ring. And there was one prize I'd cheat to win."

The evening was still young. Orange embers and sparks flew up to the dark sky. Voices laced altogether like a ritual, Maria being the lead to the song. Hands rhythmically applauded as feet stomped. People were having a good time. Commander Choi decided to shake off the strictness. He sat down a nurse who happened to be Y/N. He too chimed in, but silently.

"The more that you say, the less I know.
Wherever you stray I follow."

"I'm begging for you to take my hand, wreck my plans. That's my man."