16 : 𝖵𝗂𝖼𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖴𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀

[🏳]

[⚠️: Graphic content]

"KEEP FIRING!"

Commander Choi quickly hid behind a wee remnants of a torn wall as a grenade ticked a few feet away.

BOOM!

Earth shook upon its explosion, sending various sized debris in every direction. Commander Choi felt for his cheek. A stray shard had flown past and cut through his skin. It stung, yes. But he didn't have no time to wince about it. He hurriedly scrambled to his feet and blasted his machine gun to four enemies at the distance, earning him a quadruple kill.

It has been two days since their last straw erupted. Nordame had chased them off to the city proper where they were supposed to gather people and moment to retaliate. However, Nordame and its allie Betherel refused to give them the chance. So instead of a temporary cease, the battle went on without a pause— and everyone from both sides were exhausted and restless.

"Commander!" Corporal Pierre ran to his side. "300 from Nordame are now down. It is estimated that only 500 are left."

"Great," Commander Choi gritted, reloading ammos. "Fucking great."

"Corporal Sy needs backup, sir. His radio broke, thus he was unable to make contact."

"Where is he?"

"Southeast, by the town's hall. My boys are there but it ain't enough."

Commander Choi fished out his device.

"Sharkbait 05. Sharkbait 05."

"Sir." Sergeant Kang called back.

"Sharkbait 05, how do you read?"

"It's a.." Sergeant Kang's voice was cut off with a muffled explosion. "2 out of 5 read, commander!"

"God fucking damn it." Commander Choi seethed. "Sergeant Kang, you spare 50 of your men and deploy them to southeast. Do you hear me?!"

"Sir, I.." Another explosion boomed. "..request you to repeat!"

"Take 50 from your unit and send them to the town's hall, I said!"