08 : 𝖮𝗉𝖾𝗇 𝖴𝗉 𝖳𝗈 𝖬𝖾, 𝖢𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋

[🌤]

Three months after the fateful encounter in the small town of Idenborough, Y/N found herself resting inside one of the storage tents and listening to the cranky, old static radio.

It was horrendously hot; considering they were in the middle of summer. Her earth-colored uniform wasn't helping either. She unbuttoned a few buttons in her blouse to let the humid air flow through as she fanned herself aggressively with a heap of newspaper she found somewhere.

"Argh, God.." She grunted, head resting on a tabletop. "..just let me off this attire.. Damn it.. Ah, so hot.."

"Unfortunately, we haven't heard from the government of Montverde about the further actions taken in order to set their towns free from Nordame."

"To this moment, five major towns are under captive and locals have reportedly forced into concentrated camps. Information about their situations are unclear."

"However, the Prime Minister had repeatedly advised the public to be vigilant. Abstain from going out for the meantime unless necessary and trust the works of our armed forces."

Y/N drawed a hand over her face. She tiredly rubbed her eyes and yawned. Unluckily for them, Nordame and Brethren had already infiltrated their motherland, Montverde. Five towns have been taken and word surely got to Commander Choi like flash. All their troops along with the Laiman men were long down, leaving security under threat.

Whip!

Y/N batted an eye to the tent's entrance. Commander Choi had just entered. He took off his sunglasses and marched past the nurse— he just wanted a glass of water.

"You didn't come outside for lunch," he prompted, pouring water drawing over his voice. "Is there a problem, Nurse Y/N?"

"I didn't have the appetite."

"You've been saying that for what? Two months."

"I'm alright, commander."

Ah, yes. Commander Choi had had a whiplash of miraculous air the moment they retreated after Macey's passing. It was as if he decided that loosening up towards Y/N would do him good. Although, she'd still catch him bicker occasionally but that would only be when he's around his troops. A moment with her alone and he snaps out of his tough persona, showcasing this odd, gentleman identity that she sort of liked.

"Mm," he nudged a wrinkled wrap of sandwich to her. "I snug it out for you. It's better to save one than nothing."

She hesitantly took it. "Thank you.."

"What are you thinking of?"

Commander Choi took a chair and sat beside her. He opened his own packet of lunch— he hasn't eaten yet so he could have it with her.

"This entire war fiasco." She sighed. "It's sickening."

"It is how it is, Nurse Y/N."

"Why?" She looked at him. "Why settle for a deadly feud over ownage to properties? Why kill the innocent people? If it's the two governments fighting each other, why can't they handle the situation to themselves? Why is it that they always feel the need to have other people fire just to prove a point?"