05 : 𝖤𝗑𝗉𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝖶𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾

[⚓]

[⚠️ : Graphic Content]

Scorching hot summer sun toasted everyone's back as they went down to rebuild new tents at the far north. Patients were moved out to the clearing for the mean time as centipedes and snakes frequented the cave. Y/N wanted to stay with the injured but Maria influenced her to come along. Now, she has been in motion for about forty minutes, carrying heavy rods and decluttering.

Commander Choi had left an hour prior, so Sergeant Kang was tasked to supervise for the mean time.

"I saw you earlier this morning." Maria poked her friend's side. "You were with commander. What's up with that?"

"Well, you told me to tend a patient, so I did my duty."

"Tending, huh?" Maria let out a chortle. "Tell me, does sitting close to each other justify it all?"

"You're talking nonsense."

"Am I? What's going on between you two, huh?"

"Nothing."

"Really? Your blush doesn't make it seem so. Oooh, Y/N, is this some growth I'm seeing?"

Y/N hit her head with a roll of fabric. "I said nothing! God, we just talked. Aren't we allowed to do so?!"

"Ahh.." Maria winced, rubbing the thumping spot. "Calm down. Didn't have to be so brutal about it."

"Ah!" A male nurse straightened up, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Sergeant Kang, excuse me, sir. Do you mind if we take a seat? My back is killing me!"

"Go ahead," the sergeant permitted. "Everyone, make shelter under the trees for a moment. Maria, can you bring over a water jug?"

"No problem."

Maria gave her items to the soldier before running off. Y/N took the opportunity to join her peers by the shade of a big acacia. The soil was too hot, thus she leaned against the rough trunk instead, arms crossed, as she watched the vapor rise up to the humid air. The rest of the troops scooted over as well.

"Very tiring," Sergeant Kang approached her. "Not quite a good start for your first week in Galyette, is it?"

Y/N nodded. "I was told that things here are much worse than the raids in Montverde."