Chapter 15. Dark sides.

Unsure as to why, well, actually, I knew fucking why I did it. I reached out and knocked everything in front of me off the table.

Glass shattered and my chest heaved.

Tyler and Luca stared at me in shock, but Owen was slightly better at hiding his emotions and stared at me blankly.

"The fuck you will! Don't you fucking touch him!" I shouted furious.

Owen raised both eyebrows. "I didn't think you cared that much."

I glared at him. "Of course I fucking do!"

Luca tilted his head to the side. "You love him?"

I paused and glanced at the glass on the floor. Love Jax? Does that really matter right now?

"Just stay away from him, why are you so hell bent on messing with each other's lives?" I demanded.

Owen smiled and took a drink from his glass seemingly unbothered. "November, our mothers fought and clawed to get our fathers approval. They poisoned and killed one another, lied, and schemed... And now they are almost all dead, and that rivalry lives in us. We hate each other."

Owen paused and glanced at me. "Do you really think our brothers are any better than us? My dear, they're just better at hiding their dark side."

My heart thumped loudly in my chest. Better at... hiding their dark side? Ryder, sure. Kealan, yeah, I could see that. Maybe even Colten.

But someone like Alex and Jax?

Jax who wasn't even in the gang yet?

"Jax just wants to get a good grade, and you motherfuckers want to kill him, I don't care about anyone else's 'dark side' right now. He doesn't deserve to die!" I snapped.

Tyler glanced at me. "And other people do?"

I froze.

For a moment, I forgot how to breathe.

Do people deserve to die? Did my uncle deserve death and suffering? When I stabbed him?

"No, most people don't. And certainly not Jax." I whispered. I looked over and noticed a gun on Luca's belt. It was in a holster.

Luca noticed my gaze. "Would you kill us?" His voice was filled with surprise, I jerked my gaze away and noticed Ryder's little sister staring at me with wide eyes.

She looked just like him, dark hair and haunted eyes.

"I want to go to my room now." I said loudly stepping away from the table and the three psychopaths.

Tyler stood and looked at the glass on the floor then at me. "Fine. Let's do that. Owen?"

Owen took another drink slowly. For a moment, he was comparable to Ryder.

Both seemed to rule over the brothers with absolute authority.

"Yes, take Nova to her room."

My fingers shook. "Where the hell did you hear that name?" I demanded shaking.

Owen smiled and rose to his feet. "A good friend of mine said something about his girlfriend running off. You two share a name, and you just confirmed my suspicions."

Oh god, all my hard work hiding...

The room spun and I leaned down touching my knees as I gasped for air. Th-this is really bad....

My chest went up and down. I'm going to get locked up and tortured again -

"Hey, calm down -" Tyler began, but the world went black.

***

  "La la la, here comes the pumpkin -" I sat up and the voice stopped singing, and instead it squeaked.

I rubbed my face and looked at the singing girl. "Keykey, right?" I asked, voice sore. Probably from cursing the guys out too much.

I didn't regret a single f bomb.

She nodded timidly.

I rubbed my pounding head. "Cool, I'm November. The newest cellmate. How long have you been here?"

Keykey held up three fingers.

I pressed my lips together. "Three years?" I guessed.

She nodded again.

I frowned. "How old are you?"

She tilted her head to the side, thinking, and held up seven fingers.

I winced slightly horrified. "Do you miss Ryder?"

Tears came to her eyes and she nodded. She wiped her face quickly, suddenly looking scared.

Rage filled me. Don't tell me Owen hits her if she cries?!

"So you like it here at all?"

Keykey shook her head and hugged herself. I felt a tear run down my own cheek, and without thinking, I hugged her.

Keykey gasped and then quickly hugged me back sobbing into my shirt.

Ryder and his gang might be bad, but I know for a fact they wouldn't treat a little girl like this. The moment any of them found out I was female, I was treated differently.

Sexist? Maybe, but that's just the way it is.

Owen however.... Shadows crossed my face.

I looked around the room and saw Lennon sitting on the floor. At least Owen kept his word in giving Lennon to me.

"You okay?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I'm not the one who was carried in unconscious. I thought they killed you or something." Lennon admitted.

I pressed my lips together. "Who carried me in?"

Lennon muttered something under his breath before answering me. "Luca."

I nodded and nibbled on my thumb thinking hard. I needed to get out of here, stat.

But now I had two people to bring with me, that would make it harder or easier.

Wait... wait a second...

I think I have an idea...

It could work, or go horribly wrong, however... I have nothing to lose.

I just had to choose, Tyler or Luca?

My gaze drifted to Lennon and then I looked at Keykey, who had fallen asleep in my arms very quickly.

I set her down and pulled the blankets up to her shoulders before kneeling down in front of Lennon.

"What are the chances of Ryder and the others killing you on sight?"

Lennon hesitated. "Low... I think, Alex and I.... we were friends. Before uh, Owen found out and banished me to a life of beatings and closets." He admitted.

I nodded and pointed thumb at the sleeping child. "Has there been any rescue attempts or offerings for Keykey?"

Lennon blinked. "All the time, why are you asking all of this?"

I smiled. "I'm choosing my side and priorities, I want to know everything. Tell me a little more about Tyler and Luca..."