Chapter 17. Winter's Temptation.

"July, could you pass the-" I sent Kharif a sharp glare and tossed the salt at him, and it hit his chest. Salt flew in his face and the container fell to the floor.

Haru's full mouth of food hung open in shock while Zomer raised an eyebrow, laughing under his breath, amused.

"Oh kiss my ass Kharif," I snapped and crossed my arms, pushing my plate of food away.

Zomer cleared his throat. "Rough day?"

I looked away stubbornly and huffed. It felt easy to act out when Winter wasn't here, in fact, he had gone shopping for the conference.

Trying figuring out the dad who spent every moment he could teaching you how to ride a bike, then a car, raped the dad who always gave you the warmest smiles. I thought bitterly and leaned forward on the table, hands on my forehead.

"Want to talk about it?" Haru asked kindly. I stood and rubbed my arm.

"No, not really, I'm going to bed," I said and bit the inside of my mouth.

Zomer looked at a clock. "July, it's six o'clock," he said slowly. I sniffed.

"Looks like I'll be getting a lot of much needed sleep then," I said snippily and walked down the hall. I opened the door to my room, which really only had a mattress on the floor, and slammed the door shut as hard as I could.

I sat on the floor and crossed my arms, looking around the room with water filled eyes. Why would Owen do that to Tyler? Why would someone rape someone as wonderful as my mom? I wiped my cheeks. Why do people hurt other people?

I bit down on my lip and fell back onto the hard wood floor, staring at the dark ceiling. I lifted my hand and looked at my trembling fingers.

I wish Winter hadn't told me, I didn't want to know, I didn't want to think of them as anything but my family. I slapped a hand over my eyes as tears ran down my cheeks.

Fuck you Winter, fuck you for being selfish, I thought and sighed. You're just as selfish, a voice whispered and I squeezed my eyes closed.

A knock rung on the door, but I ignored it, even as the person persisted. "July, are you okay?" Haru asked tentatively.

I glared at the door, barely able to see past my watery eyes. "No, I'm fucking not, now leave me alone!" I snapped and rolled onto the mattress, pressing my face into it.

I punched the soft mattress, feeling the springs under my fist as a hiccup left my lips. I was relieved and slightly disappointed as I heard Haru walk away, but I wasn't left alone for long.

Someone knocked. "July, did... Winter say something to you?" Zomer asked, guessing correctly.

I turned my head and looked at the door. "Is there anything at all I can do?" Zomer asked and my eyes began leaking again.

"You can let me go home," I croaked, and the hall went silent.

"I'm sorry-"

"Screw off, Zomer," I said loudly and sighed growing tired. I closed my eyes and frowned as the door opened.

"You're acting like a damn child," Kharif said, closing the door behind him.

I shrugged as I laid there, not even bothering to shout or yell at him for just walking in. "Yeah well, I don't care," I told him.

"What are you so angry about?" Kharif asked, and a beat later asked yet another question. "And is it really us you're angry at?"

I sat up and turned, glaring up at Kharif. "Yes, I'm pissed at y'all, am I angry at someone else, yes, but I'm still very pissed at everyone here." I told him sharply.

Kharif sat down on the floor and gazed at me. "Yeah? You threw salt at me, I'm not too happy either."

I sniffed and wiped my cheeks. "Why are you here, Kharif, you don't like me."

Kharif made a noise. "You are a creep, but I don't mind you, sometimes,"

I smiled, but it quickly faded. "Winter told me some things about my family... I don't know how he knew about it, but it kind of rocked my world." I wiped a stray tear and sighed.

"I'm just..." My hands clenched into fists. "So frustrated, I don't like feeling trapped, that's why I left home, and I'm even more trapped here." I pressed my fist to my lips. "I don't know what to do anymore, and I feel like things are only going to get more complicated."

Kharif stood and I looked at him surprised. "You're not going to console me?" I asked and frowned as he shook his head and snorted.

"I don't like you that much brat, I just wanted Winter to hear how much he upset you." I stiffened and looked at the door.

Kharif opened it and stepped past the white haired male without a word. I glared at Winter as he stepped in. "Don't even bothering spewing out some apology, I know you upset me on purpose." I spat.

Winter sighed and walked in, looking down at me. "Then I won't say anything," Winter murmured darkly and bent down, gripping my hair and pulling my head back as he knelt on the floor.

I lashed out angrily, and in mere moments found myself pinned on the mattress. "I'm sick of being you fucking play thing! I'm not going to-"

Winter pressed his hand over my mouth. "Oh I know you're not going to do what I tell you," his body settled over mine. "That's what pisses me off, but then, on the hand," he looked down at me, hair almost seeming to glow in the dark room as my hands were held over my head. "That excites me more than anything,"

I glared at him through my lashes, struggling against his hands. "That makes me want you, to have you, even if you don't want me," Winter bent down, hair sliding across my cheek as he made his way to my ear.

"I want to destroy you, July," I whimpered through his hand as he suddenly nipped on my ear. "I want to tie you down, and make you fucking listen to me," he whispered and kissed the soft skin beneath my ear.

I squirmed beneath him, closing my eyes. "And you'd like that, I know you would," he lifted his head and I felt his hot breath brush along my cheekbones.

My eyes opened and met his dark ones. I weakly pulled at the hands holding my arms, unable to speak though his strong hand. My chest rose and fell rapidly as his mouth hovered over mine.

"Would you like that?" He asked and pressed down on my trembling body. I gasped around his hand and felt my eyes blow wide at the feeling of him pushing down in all the right places. "Do you want me to own you?" His lips traveled along my jaw. "You wouldn't have to think, just let me touch you, show you,"

My head moved from side to side in an attempt to free my mouth, but he laughed and held my head in place easily. His warm lips touched my ear again. "I'll let you think about it," as he slowly got off me, I scooted backwards and gasped for breath, cheeks and body burning.