Chapter 2. Horae.

I crossed my arms furious. I was pissed, hungry, tired, and needed to pee. Badly. The three idiots who kidnapped me had set me on a chair and told me not to move.

Every time I did Kharif would grab me and set me back on the chair after smacking my head. It hurt like a bitch.

"I haven't introduced myself yet," Blond and brown haired creepo tells me. "I'm Zomer."

I leaned forward interested. "That's dutch right?"

His eyes lit up. "Yes! How'd you know?"

I shrugged. "Had a transfer student in my super classy middle school - wait hold up, not so close." I warned leaning back as Zomer took a step towards me.

He paused and I bared my teeth. "Rawr,"

Zomer turned red and looked away from me laughing. Haru paused. "Rawr?" He repeated, and Kharif sniffed.

I crossed my arms. "So what do you creeps want will little ol me anyway? I won't -"

"Yes, we know, you won't have our babies." Kharif interrupts sounding annoyed at my voice. I glared.

"So, Mr. Dark haired guy, why am I here?"

Kharif looked away. Hrumph, loser.

"We'll wait for Winter to get here, he's our leader." Haru informed me.

I raised an eyebrow and then panicked and jumped out of my seat. Kharif grabbed my easily and set me back down. "I won't be your human sacrifice! Find someone else for your cult!" I screamed as Kharif held my shoulders down.

Zomer raised his hands. "We're not a cult, promise."

I spat, kicked, and clawed. "Say that to my face when you drink my blood!!" I screeched. I like to think I'm Colten's child.

"Assistance in holding down the crazy chick?" Kharif asked coldly.

Zomer grabbed my arms as I thrashed while Kharif held my shoulders. Haru hesitantly grabbed my chin.

The door opened and the men holding me down froze. I paused and blinked.

White hair and glasses. The man was covered in tattoos and had a blank face. "It's librarian guy!" I blurted.

Kharif looked down at me in disgust. I was starting to get used to that. "You're crazy."

I glared at him. "Mind your business."

"Who is she?" Winter asked in a soft tone dropping a bag.

Haru let go of my face and stepped back. "She's that girl you were talking about, the daughter of the Knights."

Winter glanced at me. "What are you doing in New York?"

I shrugged as the men stepped back. For some odd reason, Winter made me feel small and helpless. His chilly aura and cold blue eyes didn't help.

"Ran away from home." I mumbled looking away, not entirely sure why I was telling him of all people.

Winter nodded shortly and studied me. "I apologize if they hurt you in any way, they can be rough sometimes." His tone was softer now, almost coaxing as he placed a hand on my head.

I swallowed nervously my fingers twisting together. He reminded me of Ryder when he got mad. Deadly calm and ready to snap.

"They didn't hurt me. I'm scared though." My voice was so tiny. Oh god, I'm crazy, why am I melting at this man's feet?

"Don't be, we won't hurt you, we don't hurt innocent people like you." My ears picked up on all his words.

"So you... so hurt people?"