[24] I can take care of you

Rosé managed to get us two double rooms in a small hotel in Padang Bai. Despite Lisa pushing me away earlier, she clung to my arm the entire way to the hotel. I knew she was sorry. It was just hard for her to overcome these patterns in which she has probably lived for the better part of her life. 

So when we separated for our rooms, there was no question at all who shared with whom. Jisoo helped me drop mine and Lisa's luggage on the floor next to the bed before she went with Rosé to get settled into their room. 

"Don't let her push you away. Stay with her and hold your ground. She will surrender, I promise." Rosé had grabbed me by the arm earlier and whispered into my ear. I swallowed audibly. 

I approached the bed where the Thai girl lay curled into herself like an embryo, holding her stomach. "Tell me what you need, I'll get you anything" I layed a tentative hand on her shoulder. 

"I don't need anything." she said completely lacking emotion in her voice. 

"Ok..." I said, getting on the bed next to her. I sat up against the headboard and turned on the TV. I zapped through the program, always keeping an eye on Lisa and found a funny looking indonesian game show that I settled on. I had no idea what was going on and it had no subtitles but it was entertaining nevertheless. 

Lisa groaned next to me and turned uncomfortably. Next thing I knew, she bolted for the bathroom and slammed the door shut. I heard her throw up again. Knowing she would get mad if I got in there with her, I took my phone out and began googling how to ease an upset stomach. 

Quiet obviously the oatmeal from this morning had left the building entirely again so maybe I should make her stick to liquids for now. 

Black tea was supposed to be good. I looked around the room and smiled satisfied when I saw the little tea kettle and a variety of teabags provided by the hotel. I took out a new bottle of water and proceeded to boil it in the kettle, preparing two cups. One for her and one for me. 

I poured the water into the cups when it was done and listened. The bathroom had gone quite again. 

"Love, please tell me you're still alive in there!" I softly called out to her. I didn't want to push her limits but I also felt the need to check on her. I held my breath for a second. I heard water start running and sniffing. Was she crying? But she didn't answer. 

I proceeded to tend to the tea but when she didn't come out after a while without making a noise inside, I got worried again. I approached the door.

"Lili?"

Nothing.

"I'm coming in." I decided and counted down from 5 in my head to give her a little time in advance. I tentatively opened the door and found her sitting on the floor, hugging her knees with her head down. The sight hurt me. 

"Throwing up feels horrible, doesn't it?" I leaned down in front of her, touching her knee. She didn't look up at me. 

"Good thing is, I don't think there's anything left inside you to throw up, so you're probably done." I tried it with humour. She gave me no reaction. 

I sat down on the floor in front of her and trailed my fingers over her knees soothingly. A thought crossed my mind and I decided to be brave. 

"Are you in here because you're still nauseous or are you hiding from me? So I won't see you like this?" I took a stray strand of her hair and directed it where it belonged. 

Her arms dropped slightly, revealing her eyes and she looked at me without lifting her head. "I'm sorry baby..." she breathed out, looking pained. "I... have issues too..."