[41] We can make this work

Jisoo's POV

"Have you heard anything from Lisa?" Rosé asked me, slight worry in her voice. We were sitting on our tiny balcony, enjoying the afternoon sunshine with a glass of white wine. I had invited Jimin and Jungkook over too because I wanted them to meet my beautiful Australian Rose. And eventually Lisa too. If she and Jen bothered to show up anytime soon.

"No I haven't. Not since she texted me that Jen found her at the airport." I shrugged and sipped from my wine. Rosie hummed a little distractedly.

"Don't worry! I bet they're just busy getting laid." I snickered and patted her hand gently. She smiled up at me lightly at my joke but the worry was still evident in her eyes.

"What if they didn't make up though? Lisa doesn't know the city, nor does she know any useful korean..."

"You mean the swear words I taught her aren't useful? I'm hurt Chaengie! Hurt!" I joked further, trying to make her laugh but she didn't look convinced.

This time it was Jimin who tried to placate her a little. "If we still haven't heard anything from either of them in an hour, we'll try calling, alright?" Rosie sent him a lovely smile and nodded. 

"Yes! Besides, if you keep worrying about Lisa like that, I'm gonna get jealous..." I told her with a little pout. I didn't have that pout down as well as Jennie did but it did have the desired effect on my Chipmunk.

It made her giggle and lean over to place a kiss to the very outer corner of my mouth. I blushed and the boys hooted teasingly. 

Rosé and I had indeed gotten closer after I've had that talk with Jennie on the boat in Bali. One night when Lisa and Jendeuk were off doing god knows what, I had mustered up all my courage and told the tall Australian girl that I somehow liked her but that I didn't quite know what to do about it or what to make of it. 

To my immense relief, Rosie told me that she had started to like me too in a more than friendshippy way. We talked long and honest about it and, other than Jennie and Lisa, decided not to jump into something too quickly. 

I told her quite honestly that I didn't want to hurt her in case I found out this being-with-a-girl-thing, wasn't my thing after all. She respected that. We weren't head over heels like Jennie and Lisa but we knew we both felt something and wanted to see if it could possibly go somewhere.

So every time we hung out alone together in Bali, it felt like we were going on dates. Slowly getting to know each other on a different level. The affectionate touches increased. The affectionate words increased too. Jennie and Lisa didn't really notice much because they were so caught up in each other towards the end of our trip. 

We never kissed though. At least not on the lips. Cheeks, hands, shoulders or foreheads were fair game though. Although on our last day together in Bali, Rosie leaned in and kissed the corner of my mouth. That was the first time she had done that.

We promised each other to part without heartache, to talk on the phone all the time and Rosie told me about her plans of auditioning for music contracts in Korea. Also we promised each other to visit back and forth if she stayed in Australia after all. 

When I picked her and Lisa up at the airport a couple hours earlier, Rosie had surprised me, taking my hand and kissing the corner of my lips like she had done in Bali. Lisa had raised a questioning eyebrow at her friend and me but she was too nervous about seeing Jennie again that she wasn't even capable of pestering us about it.

Jimin and Jungkook knew about Rosie and me. At least they knew what there was to know. We weren't a thing or anything. We were more like a possible thing. A thing of the future maybe. We were still testing the waters and tried not to cross the line between friendship and lovers too much just yet. But everytime her lips were on my face, my desire for her to be on my lips increased exponentially.