[42] We were meant to be

"Lili! Lili! Liliiiiii!" I rang Lisa's doorbell like a freaking maniac. I had incredible news and I couldn't wait to share them with my girlfriend. 

It had been three whole months since Lisa came to Korea and almost made me have a mental breakdown at the airport. A lot has happened since then. Lisa had really packed up her life in Melbourne and moved into a longterm rental Airbnb apartment in Seoul. We had decided that moving in together right away might be a little too rushed and we wanted each to still have our own space. And since it was really hard for a foreigner to rent an apartment in Korea without a job based in Korea, the Airbnb was the next best thing.

Ironically enough we spent most of our time over at her place. It was bigger and situated in a nicer area than Jisoo and my apartment. We tended to move back and forth between places so we never had to spend a night apart. I hated sleeping apart from Lisa!

Lisa worked from home and I had been doing the part time thing longer than expected but was still busy hunting for other jobs.

"Liliiiii! Open the freaking door!" I drummed my fingers on her door impatiently. I heard steps coming towards me. Finally. The door opened.

"Leo, you stay in here!" Lisa bent down and scooped up the little cat that had curiously tried to inspect the hallway. She stepped towards me "Hey baby." and kissed me on the lips. The little cat meowed between our chests. I stepped inside and closed the door so Lisa could let go of Leo who was already wriggling in her arms impatiently. I didn't understand this cat. Who in the world would want to get out of Lisa's arms? All I wanted was to be in Lisa's arms all day long.

"Why so impatient today kitten?" she meant me not Leo.

"I've got something to tell you." I smiled with a glint in my eyes. I was really happy and excited but also a little bit scared. 

"What is it? You look... bouncy..." she eyed me amused and grabbed my wrist to gently pull me into her chest again.

"Do you have time? I'm not disturbing a meeting or something, right?" My eyes flew up to meet hers and my hands snaked around her neck to play with her hair nervously.

"No, you're fine. What's going on Jen?" Her eyes were searching mine for clues. 

"Well, this is kinda big... and... we should probably sit down and... talk." I nodded over to the living room.

"Ok, you're scaring me a little Babe."

"Noooo! No need to be scared. It's a decision we're gonna make together." I told her while she led me over to the big sofa. 

We sat down facing each other. I reached for Lisa's hand and intertwined our fingers. She looked from our joined hands up at my face, waiting for what I had to say. 

I swallowed nervously. "Lili... I got a job!" I bit my lip, trying not to smile too big.

Her eyes widened and she flashed me the biggest smile "Baby, that's awesome! I'm so proud of you. I love you, come here!" and she pulled me on top of her, pressing a long and sweet kiss to my mouth. 

"That's not all though." I pushed myself off her a little bit so I could look into her eyes once more. 

"I had a feeling about that." Lisa nodded, eyes shining and she kissed my jaw.

"It's a really great offer and I would be so happy doing it but it's not in Seoul..." I trailed off, searching her eyes for her reaction.

"Where is it?" the Thai girl asked excitedly.

"It's in Tokyo." I almost whispered. I didn't know why but I was still a bit scared that Lisa would one day just change her mind, pack up her stuff and leave me once things got too complicated. Moving to Tokyo would indeed be a little complicated.