[38] I got played

Author: We're so close to the end and I felt like giving you another chapter early, so here we go! If you haven't already, please keep voting for my chapters, that'll make my day! Also your comments are highly entertaining, I love them! Thank you :)

*

Back to Jennie's POV

Slowly, very very slowly I reintegrated myself back into life. It had been almost three months since we came back home. I still worked at the fashion store while applying to various jobs that interested me. Yesterday I had an online interview with the Thai company that I had applied to. It went quite well but I wasn't sure wether I really wanted it or not. I used to love Thailand but now it held a bittersweet aftertaste when I thought about living in the city Lisa grew up in without her.

After the three late night calls, Lisa hadn't tried again and I didn't quite know if I should be glad or heartbroken about it. But her giving up like that only proved my suspicion right. Sure she missed me. I didn't doubt that for a second. I missed her too. But she clearly wasn't willing to give me anything more. I had absolutely no reason to get my hopes up.

It was Friday again and I was sitting at lunch with Jimin and Jungkook. They had insited on taking me out for sushi, which I loved. The two of them were usually a very openly affectionate couple but today they really pulled themselves together, trying not to be so clingy. For my sake I could only guess.

"How's the job hunt going? Have you found something in Busan?" Jungkook asked me with interested eyes. 

"I've applied to three different companies in Busan but I haven't heard anything back yet..." I answered him in between bites. 

"What if the Thai company wants you? Would you go...?" Jimin butted in with wiggling eyebrows. I threw him a sharp look. I knew I hadn't told him about that! Jisoo and her big mouth!

"It was a long shot... and I don't know! And I don't want to talk about... that." That being Lisa and I knew both of them understood. I emphasized my sharp words with hard eyes, making them nod silently.

"The spicy salmon is so good! Yum." I brought it to my mouth happily, switching moods like a teenager. The two boys kept their eyes on me suspiciously but started eating again as well. 

"Wherever you'll end up, we'll miss you so much Jen." Jungkook told me with honest eyes. He has always been a sweetheart. 

"That's sweet. I know I'll miss you guys too but you never know, maybe I'll never even leave Seoul." I shrugged. I really couldn't tell right now. I knew that Jisoo would stay here for the time being. And leaving Jisoo to move to another country would be so damn hard! Maybe I should just go for the comfortable option and settle for Seoul. There were a lot of good job opportunities here and the standard of living was also quite high. 

Jimin and Jungkook spent the rest of our lunch telling me about all the gossip that I had missed out on while burrying myself in selfpity in my bed. It was fun to hear what our fellow college students had gotten up to. Who got married instantly after graduating. Who went on a spiritual journey travelling through Butan. 

My phone started ringing and while I rummaged through my bag for it, I noticed both boys exchange a look out of the corner of my eyes. Jimin threw a glance at his watch. 

I finally found my phone and fished it out. Jisoo's name was flashing across my screen. 

"It's Jisoo." I told them over the table. "Sorry guys, I'm gonna take this real quick."