Chapter 17.

Richmond Park in London, was a very pretty place to be just as Dawn was breaking and the air was still cold from the night time sky. A low mist was hovering just above the long, string like grass where a group of fallow deer, that actually roamed around here were just visible, watching closely to all the activity that was occurring in their normally quiet and very peaceful home. They were not curious enough however, to come any closer than they dared, to all the film crew, cameras, lighting equipment and wires and leads that snaked along wide expanses of tarmaced paths.
This was a very public place, where families picniced, joggers jogged and walkers frequently met to while away a half hour or so.
Today, the film crew had very special permission to hold back an area of the park from public access, so that we were able to film this scene in relatively peace and quiet. But already quite a large crowd had gathered behind hurriedly erected barriers, in order to catch a glimpse of perhaps one or two of the famous film stars.
I knew they wouldn't be interested in me though, so on that score I felt perfectly at ease. My main concerns this morning however, was Alan and if he had softened a little bit after his hostility towards me yesterday.
I was still at a complete loss to figure out just what had got into him!
One minute he was loving, attentive and kind, the next he was keeping me at arms length and being decidedly horrid towards me! He had never been that way since the days at the theatre when he had been particularly hostile. But I had forgiven him all of that, after I had fallen in love with him. Seems now that he was back to his old ways with me and this time I needed to know why.
I also had the added pressure of working for the first time with Jules Ryback this morning and after meeting with him for the very first ever time yesterday, I wasn't really that sure of him. My first impression was not all that good, but I had to be professional about things and just get on with it.

The story behind this mornings scene was that Jonathan Saunders (Alan's character), was now unable to get Christina (me) out of his mind even though the affair was against everything he ever stood for. So he had decided to introduce Christina to his son, Steven played by Jules, in the hope that by seeing the two of them together would eventually curb all of his fascination for the young girl, the daughter of his best friend and business partner. After all Christina and Steven were about the same age and had the same sort of upbringing, why shouldn't they get on!

I was supposed to act abhorrent to the whole sordid matchmaking affair because, unsurprisingly enough I wanted Jonathan. Christina just couldn't understand why she and Jonathan just could not be together!
But Jonathan was driven by business. He had a professionalism to uphold and actually having a relationship with someone young enough to be his own daughter, who was also silly and really very naive was not good for Jonathan's portrayal of the successful, rich, highly regarded businessman.
Jonathan though, had promised the young Christina that they could still go on seeing one another, whist she actually dated Steven and that was the only reason that Christina had now agreed to do it!
In Jonathan's mind though, he hoped that she would fall for his son, much in the same way that she had fallen for him and eventually the love affair between them would fizzle out and come to a natural end.
Of course, this being a movie it was never going to happen and drama would never be far away when, after both Christina and Steven married, the affair between her and her now father in law, continues. Things were to come to a head when Steven catches the two of them in bed together and exposes Jonathan to the whole company he works for, resulting in Jonathan losing everything......... Except Christina.

It was, by its very nature a very erotic film with lots of sexual content within a fascinating storyline, in which acting the part of Christina, so far hadn't been a real problem. She was much like me in a lot of ways and I suppose Alan had seen that! This was probably the reason why I had been chosen for this very part in the first place.

Arriving on the film set that morning, I was immediately looking out for Alan. I was desperate to see him and had hardly slept a wink last night for worrying about the whole thing.
He, of course was know here to be seen and I was quickly whisked away anyway, to have my hair and make up done. It was still very early but things in the movie making business can actually move along pretty quickly, if things were on a tight schedule. Most of the time though, they can move at an absolute snails pace.
Today, sadly for me this session seemed to be racing along, with no time to go off looking for Alan before we were due to start filming. I was desperate to speak with him before then, just to clear the air a little bit. But there was no time and soon I was being ushered onto the set to start with my filming.
And that was when I actually first saw him! And he looked utterly amazing.