Chapter 20.

A few days later, I thought I'd actually get the chance to speak with Alan about a few things, when we were due to do a scene together. I had been on the film set for a few days now, looking out for him whilst I did some solo work, but unlike before when he would be hovering about in the background watching me and taking notes, this time there was just no sign of him.
Every day I found myself asking everyone if Alan would be in today and was met with, "Oh he's doing some promotional work". Or "He's on an important lunch date with his PA or something".
Alan always seemed to be busy. Too busy for me, it would seem.

But today, I knew that I would be seeing him!
Today we were doing a scene together out in the gardens of this beautiful stately home on the outskirts of Hampstead Heath.

Willow Tree Hall was as romantic as the name suggested and I was both nervous and excited at the prospect of acting with Alan once again. I was also feeling a little worried about what he might say to me regarding my innocent drug overdose.
I could just imagine him eyeing me up and telling me that he had tried to warn me about Jules, but I had my speech ready!
Alan didn't warn me enough, that was the truth of it. He should have just sat me down and made me listen. And I would have done so too, in fact I probably would never have gone out with Jules Ryback in the first place if Alan hadn't of been so damn well  pig headed towards me!
But now after my little chat with Ruben I had actually realised why he'd been like that towards me.
He thought that I was cohabiting in a relationship with Marcus!
I mean Marcus of all people!
Surely when Alan had worked with him during that time when he directed us in A Secret Smile,  he would have realised that Marcus  was in fact gay. I mean, Marcus hardly disguised the fact and was actually really proud of his sexuality in all honesty by certainly playing up to it.
This whole thing had been all so stupid and totally unnecessary.
Alan and I just needed to talk and today, on set with these beautiful surroundings, well there couldn't have been a better place!

The only thing was, when I arrived that morning to start filming, it wasn't as idyllic as I had first imagined it to be.
The rain was actually teaming down in great stair rods.
It was also very grey, with low hung clouds which surrounded the place in a horrible, threatening manner.
Instead of this place portraying a wonderful country Manor with an abundance of beautifully coloured flowers, an expanse of lush green lawns, clear blue skies with warm summer sunshine and huge gorgeous willow trees, the whole place now resembled something out of a horror movie.

My heart sank as I arrived on set.
The very pretty, short sleeved, floral summer dress that I was meant to be wearing today, remained hanging up all forlornly in the one corner of the makeshift dressing room and  I immediately went over to it and began stroking a tentative finger down the fabric.

"I don't think you'll be wearing that today!".  Said Crystal, one of the wardrobe assistants as she came over.
"In fact I'll be very surprised if filming actually goes ahead in this awful weather, then again......... Knowing David like I do................ ".
Her voice trailed away.

I now looked out through the double doors of this huge marquee, that was especially set up for us all. It stood huge and proud on one of the big expanses of lawn just in front of the hall. Behind it was the very beautiful gardens that we should have been doing our shoot in.
I now felt very disappointed.

"Are we just going  to have to hang about, waiting for the rain to stop then?".   I now asked her, folding my arms around myself to keep out the unwelcome chill.

"I doubt it".   Crystal said. " David will either plough head long into  it, making a few alterations along the way........ Or he'll just forget the whole darn thing for today. But......... I rather think it will be the former". 

I turned around to look at her.

"You might have to do your scene with Alan today wearing a mackintosh and wellies!".   Crystal laughed.

Given and Deniedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें