Chapter 8.

The figure was wearing a long, fluffy white dressing gown, not dissimilar to the one that Amelia was wearing and it was pretty apparent that he wore little else underneath it either.
He looked at the both of us as he came over but his eyes soon settled onto mine as he now began to grin.

"I felt as though I had to applaud you, Gwendolyn, for your speech was very well executed ".   He spoke with a sarcastic grin,   "You really must never be taken for a mug by absolutely anyone".

I glared at him as I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on their ends as hidden rage coursed  throughout my entire body.
Quickly I turned towards Amelia.

"What in the hell is he doing here?". I spat with indignation.

"Oh that's very charming".  He answered for her.
"Very charming indeed. Here I am giving you my full support and offer of deep and forgiving friendship and you're being all horrid and unwelcoming. I'm very hurt indeed".

"You are no friend of mine".  I growled back at him, giving him my most evil of stares, as he still continued to grin at me.

"Oh, come on now Gwendolyn, don't be like that, I remember how close we were and should I just say how pleased I am that you've seen the error of your ways. I mean, there's absolutely not a chance in hell that the likes of you could possibly keep up with a fully fledged film star now is there? I mean, Just look at the way you've dressed yourself today.........."

"Ashcroft! Stop that! This instant!".  Yelled Amelia, suddenly.
"Don't forget you're not completely out of the woods yourself yet!".

He then came over to the both of us, leaning between myself and Amelia, his dressing gown falling open somewhat, revealing the top of a well tanned inner thigh. I averted my eyes quickly away from him.

"Ah...... Don't be shy Gwen. This gorgeous woman and myself have just been making the most fabulous of love, that was until your insistence on ringing that bloody door bell".  He grumbled.

Then in the swiftest of movements he suddenly reached towards  Amelia grabbed her by the back of her head, forced his lips down fully upon hers and  proceeded to kiss her most passionately.
Unbelievably she was also kissing him back and I couldn't help but to look on in horror at the scene before me.

It also seemed to go on for an uncomfortably long time, so much so that I was convinced that Ashcroft was putting on a show just for me and this was not an act of love at all.
Eventually the kissing stopped and they both came up for some much needed air, with Amelia now taking a little step away from him.
She was looking down, seemingly embarrassed by Ashcroft's sudden show of affection, so then asked him:

"And just how long had you been standing there, listening in on our very private conversation?". 

Ashcroft straightened and pulled the dressing gown around himself a bit more, then looked over to me again.

"Oh, long enough for me to be able to get the jist of what was happening in the life of our little star struck femme fatale here".  He grinned, as he now went over towards the drinks bar.

My heart sank. I felt absolutely mortified that he'd been listening in and had more or less heard every single word that Amelia and I had just spoken. I mean, him of all people!
I couldn't have felt any worse if it had of been Alan himself who had heard me!
My fingers twisted around themselves with sheer nervousness,  anxiety and rage at the realisation that he had uncovered my greatest secret. Something that I had only just come to terms with myself and something I was about to put an end to anyway, although not through choice.

"So....... our sweet dear little Gwen as gone and fallen for a big old film star then. Awww........ Bless her".   Ashcroft said, in his best ever mocking voice.
"Diddums....... Little Gwendolyn wants the big shot movie star to bed her. Oh, But wait, he's got someone else and poor little Gwen's been left....... Awww..... All alone".