Chapter 13.

The sudden burst of the cool morning air filled my nose with a heady scent of an array of flowers.
I breathed it in, still trying to quell my nerves and calm myself down as I followed the young lad out into this beautifully coloured walled garden. It was immensely private with tall trees and thick, green shrubbery lining tall, white washed walls which reminded me of how an Italian garden might look.
I had seen it only yesterday, although just briefly through the window and hadn't actually been outside to take in its ambience. Although I do remember Silva inviting me to go and and have a closer look around it. I now had the feeling that this garden was  obviously a feature of this vast house and somewhere that was frequently visited. Of course, just a few moments ago, Janice had declined to come out here now, in case she got herself totally distracted by it and of course by Alan himself, I shouldn't doubt and therefore miss her taxi.
Even just stepping out here though,  I could clearly see why.

"Nice isn't it".   The young lad, who was just in front of me spoke.

"It's beautiful".   I answered, as I continued to take it all in, not really noticing the fact that this somewhat aloof, seemingly angry young man, was now making an effort to engage in conversation with me.

"I'm very proud of it, I must say".     He went on.

I was still trying to take in the heady aroma of scents, colours and the sound of water fountains that adorned this most beautiful of gardens to really take much notice of what he was saying though.

I then stopped at a rather sweet smelling pinky coloured rose Bush and lowered my face down into it. The scent that greeted me was amazing. So perfect, so fresh and so pure, that for a moment I had quite forgotten where I was!

"That's Julie's Rose".   The lad spoke from beside me.

I looked up and blinked at him.

"And that one next to it is Vampires Kiss".   He went on, nodding his head in the direction of a very deep, red rose.

"Rather an unfortunate name for such a beautiful flower,  But I do feel that the both of them together really compliment each other, Don't you think? ".  He now asked.

I didn't know anything about gardening or flowers for that matter, My Father or Maya would be the one's to voice an opinion on that sort of thing. Me? Well, I knew what was pretty and smelt nice but as for making an actual garden come to life in this sort of way, well I knew nothing about that!

This lad, on the other hand, seemed to know what he was talking about, as he had now moved away from me and was studying some rather tall, dark blue flowers just a little further away, down a prettily patterned stone path.
I had been properly engrossed however, in taking all of this in, that I had nearly forgot the whole reason why I had come out here in the first place!
That was until I saw him!
The man himself!

Alan Rickman was sat on a very large, white solid looking garden bench. He was leaning back into it in a relaxed manner, with his arms folded across his chest and his legs stretched out in front of him. His feet were crossed over at his ankles and I could also see that his eyes were closed.  On the ground, at his feet lay an empty plate and a mug. It seemed as if he had had his breakfast out here and now he was having forty winks.
On seeing him, my heart  suddenly lurched within the walls of my chest and I felt it tightly constrict, so much so that I made a very loud gasping noise.
With this Alan opened his eyes, looked at me and sat up, unfolding his arms and his feet as he did so.

"Ah, Miss Stevens".  He spoke formally and quietly,  "Decided to join me after all". 

I swallowed hard and took one solitary step forward.