chapter twenty four

chapter twenty four [ Allen ]

I'm going to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. There were not some serious injuries, but I needed to visit the hospital weekly for check-up on my current state.

I grinned at the memory from a week ago, Valentine's Day. Schuyler has finally accepted the fact that I liked her. Did this actually mean that she likes me back too?

"You have been grinning for the whole week," Paul frowned, looking at me carefully. "Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your head? Are you even Allen right now?" He asked in a shocked voice.

I slapped him on the hand. "I don't have a sickness or something let's just say. . . that I'm happy that I'm finally getting discharged tomorrow."

"Really? I though it was because of Schuyler," he added with a smirk. "Speaking of Schuyler, she hasn't visited for the past two days. Did you even tell her that you're going to be discharged tomorrow?"

I shook my head. "I didn't tell her," I answered. "Finals are coming and she needs to study. Besides,she's been here for the whole time, and she needs to rest."

"And you never thought of giving me some rest?" Paul pouted jokingly. "An I even treated you as my closest friend."

"You are a different case from her," I chuckled. "Besides, it's not like you even study for exams,"

He shrugged. "True."

I might as well just surprise her about my discharge. Besides, after Valentine's Day it was complete awkward with her. I don't know why but instead of getting closer with each other, we just seemed to be drifting apart from each other. Maybe I should have waited for the right time to tell her?

Wasn't that already the right time? My voice echoed.

I don't know.

She would really be visiting you right now, if she didn't have feelings for you, you know. You would know immediately.

There was suddenly a small knock on the door. I looked up towards the door as it slid open. I was expecting that Schuyler would come in but it was only a nurse. "Excuse me, Mr. Xavier, I need a few moments to check your blood pressure and temperature," the nurse said with a gentle smile.

I nodded and she walked towards me. Paul went out to sign my discharge papers instead of my parents. He was acting as my guardian this whole time so my parents wouldn't find out about the accident. But Kaito might have slipped everything out with his big mouth.

The nurse was checking my blood pressure automatically with the machine. I took a peak on the screen when she suddenly started talking. "Your girlfriend is not here today," she commented,

I smiled at her. "She's not really my girlfriend, just friends,"

She smiled back at me. "I know what you did last Valentines," she said in a soft voice, pressing her finer to her lips, saying that she'll keep quiet about it.

I let out a nervous laugh. "She hasn't really accepted it yet,"

"She will in no time," she giggled. "She probably fell for your looks a long time ago, besides, you seem to be a good one,"

Not a good one. If it wasn't for the dare, I wouldn't even talk to her, worse than that, notice her. It's not like I'm being grateful for the dare, but I met her because of this,

I met a wonderful girl because of the dare.

But it's really regretful to play with her feelings and make her fall for me. You were the one whole fell for her first. True. But, it's still different. What if the dare was given to Paul or some other player during thats time? Would I actually still fall for her?