chapter seven

chapter seven

"Henry! If someone asks for me, tell them I'm not home!" I shouted to his ear, hoping to overpower the music coming from his headphones.

My older brother waved me off and just nodded, but I knew that he didn't even hear me, or if he did actually hear me, he's going to ignore my plea.

"Please, Henry?" I pleaded, jerking down his headphones which earned me a glare from him. I smiled at him innocently. I knew these kind of things work perfectly at him, but hopefully for the past three years he wasn't home, he hadn't overcome this.

He frowned at me. "That's not working on me anymore," he said smugly and pulled back his headphones to his head. "Who's coming anyway?"

"Allen Xavier, but you probably won't know him since you graduated in school a few years ago," I said with a shrug. I walked towards the refrigerator and started playing with the door, cold air coming out as I opened and closed it.

"Yeah, like the famous player in your, well our, school?" he questioned. I nodded. "Like there's someone who didn't even know him," he scoffed.

"Ha-ha, like I knew who you knew in high school,"

Not like a player like my brother wouldn't know him, how stupid of me. They were from the same types of guys, of course he would know his name.

Thankfully, Henry fell in love with my best friend, Heather, I can't say they're actually dating know, but I'm trying my best to hook them up after missing his three years.

"I could invite Heather over," I muttered to myself. Henry's ears perked up and he looked at me with widened eyes. "Well, maybe I could actually invite her over if Allen was not coming,"

"He's not coming," Henry deadpanned.

"How sure are you?"

"Very sure,"

"Really?"

"Just invite her over, I'm not letting that kid come inside the house, not even a step closer to the door."

I giggled, Heather was obviously her weakness. Maybe if I told Heather about this, he would go and kill me. But there was actually a chance that Heather also liked her, but imagining them breaking up - if they even get together - is just a hard thing to think about.

The door bell suddenly rang. Henry's ears perked up like an attentive dog, he eyed me and raised a brow at me. "Just remember our deal, I'll invite Heather over if you don't let him in," I said with a nod. "I'll be in my room in case he decides to barge in,"

He nodded in agreement, and eyed me once more. I frowned at him. "You don't have trust on me, do you?"

He shook his head and shrugged. "I do, but maybe she won't come, and this will be a disadvantage on me," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

I sighed and grabbed my phone out of my khaki shorts. I dialed Heather's number and set it on speakerphone. After three rings, Heather answered with a chirpy hello.

The door bell rang once more. Henry decided to ignore it, concentrating on my conversation with my best friend.

"Hey Heather, want to come over?" I asked hopefully.

She hesitated for a few moments. "Sorry Sky, I already have plans,"

I frowned when Henry smirked as he started walking to the door. "Such an ass," I muttered.

"What?"

"No, not you," I sighed. "Henry and I made a deal that if you come over right now, he won't let Xavier come in our house,"

"Wait, what?" she squealed. "Allen is in your house right now,"

I sighed. "No, but he's coming in in a few seconds from now,"

"Hello, sweetheart," a voice said as an arm wrapped itself around my waist. "Wait is that Allen?" Heather squealed on the phone the moment she heard the new voice.

I wiggled out of Allen's arms, but he just chuckled when nothing even happened. "Get your hands off me, jerk,"

"Handsome jerk," he corrected.

"Henry!" I whined as he walked back to the couch. Such a couch potato.

"Yes my dear sister?" he answered innocently.

"I thought we made a deal," I pouted, he has been overprotective of me before he left. Three years after, he's changed. Totally.

"I did, but she can't come so...poor little you," he mocked.

I scowled at him. "What a brother," I muttered to myself as Allen chuckled beside me. "I may have changed my impression on you, but that doesn't actually mean that we are friends,"

Allen shrugged. "That would change in a few weeks or months," he said in pure confidence.

"We'll see about that,"

We did our homework in the den, well, he mostly did it and I just lay sprawled on the floor on the couch. He asked me some questions and I just answer them simply, or we just search the answers in the Internet.

I took in some chips inside the den, I planned on eating them alone until Allen tackled me just to grab some. "Buy your own," I complained as I stuffed some food into my mouth.

He smirked and pinched my cheeks teasingly. "It's bad to be selfish, sweetheart," he said boldly, as if he was my father.

My father. I never actually remembered what he looks like. I've always yearned for the love of a father, but Henry mostly took over his place in our family. I heard that he has another family, I don't know. Henry said that he left when I was five so I can't really remember.

"You're not my father," I hissed.

"True," he said simply with a shrug.

I didn't want any memories of him back. Just making him unknown in my life would be the best for now. Knowing him will probably just worsen my situation.

"You're going to stay for dinner right?"

He shrugged. "Not like I can actually decline my future girlfriend's mother's offer,"

I was not going to be his girlfriend. "You should probably know by now that I'm not going to be your girlfriend,"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, sweetie," he said with an innocent smile.

We sat there in silence. I sat in the floor beside Allen while he just continued to answer our worksheet. There was nothing else to do. I flinched when something landed on my shoulder.

"Allen," I shouted.

"Just for a while," he replied tiredly with a yawn.

I sighed. My heart suddenly beat for two. I glanced down to my shoulder, Allen's eyes were closed, he actually looked very innocent when he's sleeping. "Hey, you know that you don't need to stay for dinner if you're that tired," I told him.

He mumbled something when his head started sliding off my shoulder. Before I could even push him back up, he landed on my lap gently. I flushed red when he hugged my leg like I was some pillow.

I tried calming myself and started breathing in and out slowly. In and out. In and out.

I just stared at the boy sleeping beside me. It was actually contagious to see him sleeping when I yawned.

My eyelids were heavy. Maybe just giving in would be the best. Surely, mom or Henry would come in to wake us up before dinner or worse they will just leave me here to starve.

I leaned my head against the comfy couch, before I knew it, darkness overcame me.

Hey there! Hope you like this chapter c: oh and advance happy birthday to my brother XD tho he probably won't be able to read this one, haha.

As usual, vote and comment, fan if you liked it

I will probably update dear Cameron sometime, oh and hope you guys will also give that story a chance, it's deeply appreciated

Sincerely,
A. E.

05.16.14