chapter one

chapter one

I slammed the cheap metal door shut just as some douche bumped me. I lost my balance and fell forward to the metal door.

I turned and sent glares at the running freshman.

"What is wrong with freshmen these days," I groaned out in pain, massaging the bridge of my nose.

André and Heather chuckled beside me. "Just forgive 'em. He must've Collins for his next subject," My half French-half American best friend said in his thick accent.

I smirked. He has always hated his accent since almost all girls fall for his thick accent. I liked it, though not in the same way as the others does.

"I thought you're going to remove that accent of yours during the summer vacay?" Heather teased, nudging André on the side.

Mr. French guy scratched the back of his neck embarrassed. "Well, I tried to. Très dur,"

I tip toed and reached up to pat his fluffy brown hair. It was actually nice to know a guy who doesn't put on gel or wax on their hair. It stinks. I don't know, it looks all stiff and I don't really know. "Poor little Andy," I cooed teasingly.

He scowled at me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. He was a varsity in volleyball. I swear I lost my breathe when he pulled me. "Who are you calling little?" He threatened, jokingly strangling me.

"Fine," I breathed, "Big Andy, well only that Andy junior is little," I said with a smirk.

He frowned at me, and started walking away from us. "I'm going to homeroom first," he muttered before walking pass by me.

I smirked. He was completely embarrassed. Any who, who wouldn't be when someone talks about it. "We have the same homeroom though!" I shouted before he was out of earshot.

André raised a hand over his shoulder. It was like him saying I-don't-care in his own way.

Heather punched me lightly on the shoulder. "Look what you've done," she said, "He'll surely ignore you through lunch until you apologize to him."

I laughed. "Surely it won't last long with him going to ignore us," I muttered to myself surely.

The homeroom bell rang right after we stepped inside the classroom. Thankfully our homeroom teacher wasn't there yet, he's always the punctual lad. I leaned on my elbow, waiting for the whole class to just pass by within the blink of an eye.

I fought the urge to yawn during the third period. Mr. Edwards definitely didn't want to see people looking sleepy in his class. He was a young teacher, around twenty-seven, I think. But he's really cranky like those fifty year old teachers, one wrong move from you and you'll be the laughing-stock of the class.

I did anything that I could without disturbing the classes. Before I knew it, it was lunch already. Like Heather said, André did ignore me. It was like as if I weren't there in our usual table. Usually he sat on my left and Heather on my right and our other friends around the table.

But it was Nate who sat in André usual seat while André sat beside Heather. "Looks like you've gotten into a fight," Nate smirked.

"Not really," I muttered. It was really lonely without André goofing around. Maybe Heather was right and I should just go and apologize to him.

Nate laughed. "You're really thinking deeply," he teased, poking me on the side in the process. "It's really quiet when the two of your are not talking." he said. In short, he was saying that we are actually noisy.