chapter five

chapter five (allen)

The thought of visiting Schuyler's house makes me more confident on winning this thing. I don't what has gotten into Paul with choosing someone like Winters. Usually he would go for the hot and slutty girls (which annoys me the most) so he would get on my nerves. But eh, they give in on the first day. Not a challenge.

But her? This will take much longer that I expected.

"So, what now?" a new voice asked.

I raised a brow at the little brunette standing before me. She was looking up to me like a little lost puppy. I smirked, never noticed that she actually has such beautiful eyes. "You drop the frog into the formalin?" I replied in a questioningly tone.

She scrunched her nose like a little child and huffed before walking farther from me. I chuckled softly at her. "What?" she asked, as she turned around to glare at me.

I shrugged innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about," I replied with a grin.

The brunette muttered something incoherently. The only thing that I was able to hear was that she was calling me a useless jerk. Actually little miss, I was the one who did all the work in our project, I thought to myself.

She can be a child sometimes, besides the times where she acts all tough. I walked closer to her. She was holding the tray where the little frog was pinned. I took it from her as she jumped up from surprise. "Lucky you I took him from you before you even murdur him even more," she stared at me with wide eyes like I just accused her of something she hadn't done.

She opened her mouth to retort, but nothing came out. How cute. "Go get the formalin from Carter, and make sure to bring the jar with you," I ordered.

She glowered at me and I just stood my ground, smirking at her. I knew that she was going to give up immediately, knowing that she knew that she was no threat to me.

I stared at the little frog pinned on the tray. I grinned when an idea popped in my head. Maybe naming this little amphibian won't be too bad. From what I remember, her second name started with the letter V.

Valerie, Veronica, Vina?

I grabbed Schuyler's pencil case muttering something about borrowing her things although I knew that she wouldn't really know that I did. I pulled out her marker and threw her pencil case back into her bag. I'll just fix that later.

I scribbled down some words on the cover of our jar.

I heard footsteps nearing me. I threw the marker back into her bag, and muttered a sorry. "Allen, is this enough?" Schuyler asked, cocking her head to the side as she waited for my answer.

She just called me by my name. I actually sounded cute. A smirk played on my lips as she frowned at me. "You just called me by my name," I told her.

"And so?"

"You called me by name instead of jerk,"

"And?"

"Never mind," I chuckled, she was obviously clueless. Didn't she notice that this was the first time she didn't insult me? Maybe I should stop acting being head-over-heels for her.

You are supposed to be head-over-heels for her.

Stupid subconscious mind.

That means that you, yourself, are stupid.

Shut up. You wouldn't be actually here if I weren't here.