chapter twenty eight

chapter twenty eight [ Schuyler ]

"This might sound really cliche, especially with the place and stuff, but will you be my girlfriend?" Allen said seriously, I was about to laugh at him, thinking that it was completely a joke, but his face says nothing but seriousness.

His eyes bore onto mine as he waited for my response. What was I even supposed to say?

Say yes, my voice hissed. You like him and he likes you back, what more can you ask for?

Everything.

He still might be playing with me.

You're just overthinking yourself.

No I'm not.

I snorted awkwardly. "I can't believe this place is really beautiful," I squeaked, holding on the bars and swinging myself back and forth. "Look at the fireworks go!" I said in awe, trying to avoid the conversation he started.

"Schuyler," he started.

I suddenly grab my phone out of my pocket and pretended to look at the time in shock. "Shit, it's already this late, I need to go home before my curfew," I muttered.

Allen scoffed at me. "You're staying at my house for the rest of the week, there is no curfew for you," he countered, rolling his eyes at me.

Shit. I totally forgot about that.

The people started swarming around the place. But as Allen continued to stare at me and waited for my response, I could feel myself burn like my whole body was completely on fire. I felt myself burning. The crowd slowly started to disappear around us. It was like we were the only people in this beautiful place. The top of Allen's lips perked up and I didn't know the reason why.

I looked down to my feet, avoiding his eyes completely. I didn't want to get sucked into his wonderland - where the two of us would stared dating because he asked me to. "Maybe we should go home, it's getting late after all." I muttered.

He nodded his head in response. I started walking towards the exit, not even bothering to wait for him. I stopped on my track when he suddenly pulled me by the arm. "I'll wait for your answer, no matter how long it will take, I will wait for you," he said, staring into my eyes once more. I didn't give any sign of response. Allen let go of my hand and walked ahead of me, leaving me there standing, staring at the place he once stood at.

Three days is all I need to straighten myself up.

I shook my head, trying to forget al the problems starting to stock up in my mind. I breathed in an out for a few times, calming myself down. I followed swift on his track and followed his pace, standing beside him.

We rode down the elevator opposite of the one we used to come up. Compared to before, the small moving box is now completely full. Usually Allen would take this time to flirt and keep close to me, but he stood on the opposite side of the elevator, looking down to his feet the whole time.