Introduction (The beginning) All turtles.

Reader’s POV.

It honestly started like any other normal day, well, any other normal day for the life of an international superstar. A face known and adored worldwide, an idol at my own right. You see, my name is (name). Yeah, I’m that (man/woman) you saw on TV, thousands upon thousands of fans screaming my name till their lungs burned. Well, putting that aside, when I woke up that morning, I never expected my life to be changed so dramatically. 

Cameras were always pointed at my face, recording my every move, every song I performed. I never had a problem with that aspect of my life. It was the part after the flashing lights of the stage had died down, the consistent hum of the backing screen had deceased and the fans reluctantly disperse back into reality.

Paparazzi.

Think of it this way, if you were in my shoes, you had just finished a meal that had been carefully cooked for you, you felt slightly ‘stuffy’ so you decided to take a walk in the back garden. Only to find someone rummaging through your trash can located outside your home to find any clues on flying gossip that you had previously denied. Yeah, creepy, but in my case, common.

In all honesty, I wanted to get away from them, far away, but in that aspect of my situation, it was easier said than done. Considering I practically live with one. April O’Neil. A young reporter that lived just down the street to me in New York. My older sister, only by a few years though, two at the most. She is the only one I have left, I haven’t any time for friends as such, and Dad died in a fire, even our four pet turtles and our pet rat had left. Oh, the irony, I spend most of my time hiding from the reporters, when in turn my older sister is one. 

So now you’re up to speed, I’m currently running, down the streets of New York to my sister’s house. I had to escape out of the back door unnoticed, too bad I’m hilariously clumsy and tripped over my own foot, rattling the back gate alerting the crowd of frantically running cameras. 

Legs protesting to the sudden exercise, I made it to the front door of her apartment, grabbing my spare key and desperately slipping inside, making sure it locked as it shut behind me. 

“Honey I’m home!” I mocked, kicking off my shoes I made my way to the kitchen. Listening out for April’s reply, I was greeted by hushed and worried whispers from various voices, quick movements and shuffling of furniture. I picked up my pace, worried for my sister’s well-being. 

“Ape?? Are you okay? Dude where are you?” I blindly asked, halting at the door to the living room to a very nervous older sister.

“Dude… You okay? You’re sweating.” I bluntly stated.

“W-what me? S-silly I’m fine, yup fine!” April replied, a little all too quickly. 

“Of course I’m asking you, there is no one else here right?” I asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow to her fidgeting form. 

“What?! Oh…Y-yeah, I mean yeah I’m on my own… No one e-else here hahaha!” She was answering me too quickly, stuttering as she did so, a clear sign from my time with her that she was hiding something. 

“Something’s wrong. You can’t lie straight in bed never mind try to trick me. Are you under pressure or something? What have you done this time then?” I asked un-amused with a knowing smirk growing on my lips. 

April paused, slightly shifting her weight onto her other foot as she seemed to be pondering something silently.

“Guys… I don’t think she’ll freak out… And she won’t tell anyone, she’s kept secrets of mine since we were kids. Anyway, she knows you already, it will just be like another me.” April mumbled, taking to someone unknown to myself.

Suddenly, as the last word left her lips, a giant figure leaped out from behind one of the curtains, making me take an involuntary step backward due to shock.

“OH MY GOD ITS (name)!!!” the figure screamed, racing toward my tense form to pick me up with its large arms. 

“Erm… can you not…” I asked, trying to stay calm as April said I would. I love meeting new people, I just didn’t expect one to come flying out of nowhere. 

“I’m so sorry! I just can’t believe its really you!” As I took a better look at my surroundings, my interest in vision landed on the exited being who stood in front of me. He easily stood six feet tall, skin green and clustered with scales. His baby blue eyes wandered all over my form, taking in every detail as I did him. My eyes then wandered over his shoulders, a shell, brown and shiny, it stood visible over his impressive muscles.

“Wow…” That’s all I could say at that moment in time. My throat closed and my breath hitched. A six foot turtle was standing in front of me. Clad with a rugged orange mask and various clothes wrapped around his waist.

“Well, I expected you to faint, she’s handling us better than you April.” A velvety voice sounded from the hall, along with footsteps till time revealed another giant talking turtle as he casually walked into the room, followed by two other giant turtles in tow. 

“I’m Leonardo. Its a pleasure to meet you ma‘am. These are my brothers, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo.” The blue clad turtle gestured to the following reptiles, Raphael wearing a red mask that also covered the top of his head and Donatello wearing a purple mask adorned with numerous gadgets and gizmos. 

“They’re our childhood pets ______, the test subjects that we put near that sewer drain at the side of the road. They’re back.” April explained, a small warming smile gracing her lips.