Running On Empty

(April's POV)

(Turtle's name) hasn't come back to us in a while, I really don't know what went on but I want to find out, but the only way to do that is to ask, and I am not sure that's a good idea right now. I pick up my phone, leaving the room for a while and closing the door on the room that the guys set up for me when I stayed over. Because I practically live here now, I needed a place to stay and bunking with (other turtle name) was something that I didn't really want to make a full time thing, mainly because I nearly got squashed by his shell one night...

I couldn't believe that (name) had left, I mean, she could have just texted me to say where she was, I am her sister after all, shouldn't I have been the first person she would have called?

I couldn't let my anger get the better of me, even though I was unmistakably annoyed, I figured it might be an urgent situation that (company name) couldn't exactly give out to the public yet, but then again, it could be something to do with (turtle name) as she has ran away before.

Scrolling through my contacts, I find the one (hair colour) I was looking for, but before I could call her my screen misted over with another notification. What caught my eye was not the headline, but the picture that accompanied it. I clicked the pop up window in hopes that it was just a huge misunderstanding, it had to be, but the report that was laid in front of my eyes was one that could be taken the wrong way so easily. It was common among idols, and nine times out of ten it was all blown way out of proportion.

###"(name) finally dating (other popular idol)? Couple seen wearing matching outfits on the same day while out shopping. Rumors have begun to speculate that the two may be an item within the following week. Could this be the start of (name's) first relationship blossoming? Keep up to date with the details by following our social med-"###

I clicked off of the report nearly as quickly as I had opened it. It had to be a misunderstanding, but what made it worse is that (other popular idol) admitted that (he/ she) had a thing for (name) in the start of the year, with that rumor still fresh this will just unearth everything that has been brushed under the rug. I have to talk to (name)!

My finger pressed her icon, however, after three rings the call was ended. I tried again only to have the same result. She was ignoring me, why? There has to be something more to this than what we are seeing, and seen as though (turtle's name) isn't exactly on speaking terms, I'll have to cross the pond and see what my sister is up to myself.

What are you doing (name)?

Turtle's (POV)

Leonardo

My feet were freezing, so much for Donnie's state of the art heating, it didn't even cross my mind that I was so far into the sewer maze that I had long left the lair. I felt a sudden wave of guilt cross me as I regretted blaming my brother for something that was out of his hands. No one had come to get me yet, but then again I don't think anyone would even be able to find me now, I wonder if I could make it back to the lair? I had been living here my whole life, but I don't think I have ever been here before. It was dim and dark, not a sound other than the occasional dripping of water. Looking to my left I found a platform with a guard rail along the sides, probably put there for services. I scale the wall, not bothering to climb the ladder as I am sure it wouldn't be able to take my weight anyway, and position myself against the pillar, letting myself relax on the new found seat. I wonder where (name) is right now. I had heard that England was rainy and cold, but I had never heard of Leeds, it must be somewhere away from London, she hasn't mentioned it to me before. I wonder what she is thinking, what she is feeling. Is she feeling the emptiness that I am? Looking around me, I could see clearly that the walls, the darkness, the ceiling that has partially caved in, it was a metaphor, a metaphor of my soul. I felt as if it had been ripped away from me.