Take me or leave me.

Leonardo.

The pavement was wet, it wasn't raining when I went out, it must have just started. I pulled my hood tighter, more than grateful that it was a barrier from the rain, even though it was quite thin. I avoided the puddles as best I could as my shoes were already squelching and soggy shoes is one of my most prominent pet hates. The rain was calming, mostly because nearly everyone remained inside as to stay away from the sudden change of weather. It was nice, a little breather if you will. 

The puddles followed each other, pooling in dips and bends of the ground, slowly making its way down to the drains that lined the road. The water was clear as it was fresh, and with the overcast sky barring the sun's light it made the puddles into natural mirrors. I met my gaze looking into the surface of the puddles, my eyes barely visible under my hood and a lock of hair that somehow managed to escape the hair tie. It was only by chance that I looked past my head to the tops of the buildings, I saw a figure crouched on top of a block of apartments, their gaze set directly on me. 

I knew the guys couldn't come out during the day, I was on my own, I couldn't have been recognised right? I quickly pulled out my phone, only to stare at a pair of blue eyes through the reflection of the dark screen before I was yanked back into an alleyway with a large, cold hand wrapped tightly around my mouth to prevent me from raising alarm. 

My bags abandoned, my kidnapper raced back onto the top of the building, the hand that silenced me now wrapped around my waist. I couldn't scream as I was too frightened, my voice was minimal with the exception of a few minuet squeaks. The ground was so far away, I realised that we had reached the top of the building within seconds. I was placed gently on the ground, my legs failing me before I collapsed, but not before my stalker could steady me. 

'Hey, hey... (name)? Calm down, its me. I didn't mean to scare you so badly, shhhh,' He cooed. I recognised that voice, I managed to squint through my blurred vision due to the tears that now stung my eyes, it was Leo.  

'W-w why would y-you do that?! I managed to choke out, furiously wiping my eyes with the scrunched up sleeves of my now damp and ruffled hoody. 

'Why did I do what?' He asked, as calm as ever, like nothing ever happened. That is until I met his gaze, his eyes were so sharp and panicked, he's worried sick about something but I can't think straight to ask him what he's worried about. I mean, I thought I was going to die!

'Why did I follow you? Why did I take you up here? Why did I risk people seeing me? You went out on your own into the centre of the city with no contact, no protection no ways of communicating? Do you even know what could have happened? Do you even realise how worried I was? I was worried sick! What if I'd lost you? What if I could never see you again? What if I found you just before you was about to die and couldn't save you no matter how hard I tried? I wasn't there.. I wasn't there to be with you. I couldn't. People would think I'm a freak but I wouldn't care! I wouldn't care if they saw me! You know why? Do you really want to know why?! IT'S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!! I-' Leo paused, utter horror adorned his face as he replayed what he said. His eyes rimmed with tears as he looked at me frantically, waiting for a response. Waiting for some form of rejection. 

My silence said enough, I couldn't believe what he said, I wouldn't have ever believed it. He liked me back? After all this time, me worrying over if he would be disgusted with me, all the time I spent flicking through and over thinking the possibility-

'I don't. Just... Forget it.' He abruptly rose to his feet, my shopping bag was laid at the side of my feet before he leaped off of the roof and back to the sewers, making sure he wasn't seen. 

I stood there in shock. Cold, drenched and completely heartbroken. What hope I had before was now diminished. The dim light of the overcast sky now mirroring my mood. I felt hopeless, alone, I have never felt like this before. Fame, money, family, it was like I lost it all. I realised I was so smitten with Leo that the fantasies within my mind seemed all too real, but now nothing more than vivid flashbacks that would never happen.