Come Fly With Me

Let's fly, let's fly awayyyyyy~

April's (POV)

(Awwwwwwhhhh yeaaaaahhhh welcome to ma' city April!)  

I couldn't exactly wrap my head around what was going on, nor could I come up with a solid, single reason that made me fly all the three thousand, three hundred and fifty six miles to a city that I have never been to. I kind of realized how stupid that was when I shuffled to the curb just outside the airport, mainly the fact that I had no idea where to go.

I pulled out my phone for what felt like the thousandth time and called (name), hoping this time she would actually answer. Who am I kidding, she doesn't even know that I am here, she isn't psychic, April. To my surprise, the phone rang through three times before going silent, I thought that the call had been cut off but there was no ending beeps. I took the phone away from my ear only to see that the call had actually been answered. My stomach flipped as I placed the phone back to my ear, hearing almost silent shuffling sounds from the end of the line that I could only describe as bed sheets.

"(name) where the hell are you? I've been calling you for days, why haven't you answered me? I have been worried sick. The guys think that they have done something wrong, one more than the others. Where are you?" My words stumble over themselves a little at the end, I was never one that could speak fast, my high school stutter was enough reasoning behind that.

"I...I just needed some time...My manager-"

"Your manager hasn't said shit (name), (he/she)  said that they had nothing to do with the flight nor did they have anything to do with your departure, its all off of your own back. I am NOT speaking to you over the phone about this, what is your address?" I demanded, I didn't care if people were looking at me strangely, I guess Leeds isn't used to the weird shit New York brings.

"Why...Do you need my address?" (name)  asked, I heard the shuffling of sheets again, she must be sitting up now.

"Well, in case you haven't wondered, I am your sister and the only family you have left. You left without even a note, not even a text, you had me worried sick. I've come to get you and I don't care if you don't want to come back, now give me the damn addre- CAN I HELP YOU? ARE YOU LOST?" An apologetic smile crossed the man's face as he continued about his day, but the fact that I could literally feel his breath on my neck was enough to make me snap. Before he left, I caught a certain glint in his eye, it unnerved me but as soon as I noticed it, he was gone, the only thing left behind was a simple, 'sorry, love'.

"You didn't have to come...Its...Not that bad. I would have come back anyways, I don't exactly have a choice," I turned my attention back to (name), trying to ignore the fact that the sky looked like it was about to break into the biggest storm I have ever seen.

"Yeah well that's nice and all but I would like to get to you before this rain gets to me, I haven't even brought an umbrella with me you know!" My assumptions were correct as I started to feel a small amount of rain land on my cheeks.

"April. This is England. Umbrellas are sold in nearly every shop you see. What airport are you at?"

I looked down, glancing at my ticket before answering my younger sister, "Leeds and...Bradford? Is that how you say it? Anyway, I am at the front entrance, you best hurry up, I am freezing out here."

"I am on my way now, oh and, its the middle of summer. Hang tight." The call ended. Middle of summer? What in the hell of it does she mean 'middle of summer'?!? Looking around now, not a lot of people were wearing coats, in fact, most of them looked like they were about to head down to the beach.

~Time-skip to around half an hour~

The all too familiar (favorite car)  pulled up to where I was standing. An old man had kindly offered one of his rain coats to me, I was grateful, but everyone was looking at me in pity, or at least what I thought was pity. I guess they don't have many American's around here. I wonder how (name) settled in, based on the fact that she is actually from (country name), our Mum and Dad were on a couple's vacation when she was born, I was being looked after by my Auntie Jackie, bless her soul.

Once the car had come to a stop, I wasted no time in flicking the door open, almost falling as I tried to get inside. I thought (name) would find it cold too, but here she was in her pajamas, the door slammed behind me as (name) sped off onto the motorway.

"There's a dry top in my bag, a towel too. We'll be home in half an hour." (Name) said, veering left slightly as she punched it down the road.

I picked out the clothes, suddenly feeling disgusting from my now damp outfit sticking to my skin, I took the towel to my head before I looked my sister over.

Her hair was in a messy bun, and not the good messy, she looked like the 'had been dragged through a bush backwards' kind of messy. Her once perfect nail polish was chipped to the point where you had to really concentrate to see what the original colour was. She had Moana pajama bottoms on with her top half being covered by an over-sized (favorite colour)  jumper that looked incredibly comfy. Her face was paler than it used to be, skin slightly peaky with noticeable bags under her once perfect skin.

"Jeez, you look rough...You good?" Yeah, she looks great April, why don't you ask her if she is stressed too? She looks nearly as bad if not equal to (turtle's name).

She sighed, one hand leaving the wheel as she ran it over her face, coming back again to stop on her forehead.

"I just...I don't know anymore. There's no way for me to actually get straight up answers. Does (turtle's name)  know you're here?" She asked, biting her lip before placing her hand back on the wheel.

"Yeah, he knows. Listen (name), I couldn't get an exact answer from (turtle's name)  either, neither do I really know what is going on. You gonna tell me? Or do I have to embarrass you and do something totally American in front of your British friends?" I joked, happy to see some sort of soft smile tug at the corner of her lips.

"I don't exactly know where to begin, its all up in the air and everything has gone so fast. One minute I was happy and the next...I just...I don't know." I could literally feel the pain radiating off of her, deciding to wait till we got to her house before I interrogated her, I slightly nudged her shoulder.

"You know, I felt like an alien back there, and there was one...Like totally creepy guy that was so close to me I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. Like, the dude was a total weirdo."

(Name)  laughed, I couldn't help but notice how tense it was,"Yeah, you get them. Want to describe him to me?"

I wasn't expecting that question, but I started to tell her anyway, "Dark-ish, almost black hair, cream trench coat, looked around fifty, maybe sixty? Why?" I asked, before being pushed back into the seat as the car jerked up to 100 miles per hour.

"He's following us."