Blush

(AN) 

My deepest apologies for the random gaps in between updating this story. I have been up to my eyeballs in work, plus I'm at that stage in life where I'm trying to figure out what I want to give to the world, so I didn't have any time at all to resume what I have been writing up to now. I am trying to update more often though, so might I ask you to bare with me. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Enjoy.

Leonardo

With my headache gone, I decided to join the gang, as did Leo, following me from the hall. I don't know how, or even why for that matter, that when I'm with Leo, everything seems to slow down. Its like when he's here, he lifts the weight of everything with those strong arms of his. That gaze melts my worried expression and tense posture like butter, followed by his velvety voice that flows like the sweetest honey across his lips. 

No.

What the hell am I thinking. I mean, he's basically only just met me, even though I longed to see him for all these years. But then, the feelings I felt for that baby turtle were as a guardian, I classed him as family. Now, when he's with me, near me, I feel the feelings of a love-sick teenager, or the feeling of having to be the first one to awkwardly dance at prom. Its driving me insane. Plus, with him being a teenager, one who has only grown up around his brothers, he wouldn't even think of looking at me in that way, never mind a committed relationship with a mere human. 

I realized I had unconsciously started to frown, my eyes glaring at the wall next to the flashing TV, just the wall and the white noise of the selected movie playing in the background of my consciousness. That is, till I managed to feel a slight pressure encasing my balled-up fist, relaxing it from its tense state. 

"You're doing it again" Leo stated with a chuckle at the side of me. 

"I-I'm sorry." Sorry? What am I sorry for? Having a staring contest with the wall? I swear, this boy is muddling me up with just being here.

"Don't be. Just relax, come here." He offered his other hand to me, gently guiding me to rest on his lap. 

I couldn't help the red-hot blush lick my cheeks like fiery flames, leaving them to glow like embers from a recently deceased fire. I could hear my heart rampage, trying to be heard through my whole being as he cradled me protectively to his chest. 

I couldn't bring myself to disagree, I had just fallen for my long lost partner, in a such short space of time. 

Raphael

With my stomach full, I leaned back against the side of a roof air-vent, a content sigh escaping my lips as I glanced over the scenery. The lights twinkled brighter than any star, I squinted my eyes, giggling as the sight before me looked almost like a never ending, star encrusted sky. I couldn't be ungrateful though, I am a successful artist, a celebrity at my own right, independent and never lost for cash. But as I look back on my life, it seems to be just a huge rush. Calls, shows, songs, early mornings and late nights, sometimes not sleeping at all. Not your average life, I must agree, I almost forgot what it felt like to just slow down, to just take it easy, live life one step at a time.

I looked over to Raphael, who at the moment was just as silent as I was. His gaze fanned out across the skyline, taking in every detail in a hazed manor, before drawing to his hands, now cupped together, resting upon his lap.

"Hey.." We both spoke at the same time, looking away to hide the awkward blush that illuminated my cheeks, his, not so much.

"Y-you first" He stuttered, annoyed at his slip up.

"Heh, okay. Well, I-I just want to say... T-thank you. Its not often I can relax like this, and I haven't seen my sister in quite a while too. In a way, I'm glad I was being chased by those reporters, I could have just ran past April's, maybe circled back to my place to lose them. I would have completely missed them, but then again, I would have missed you too, and I doubt I would have seen you-o-or the guys a-at all." I blushed, trying to identify the reason I was so jumpy around him, why this blush wouldn't go away along with this sickly feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I am so confused.

"Y-you know, you should just take a Holiday once in a while. I-I mean, you can always chill with me- a-and the guys, w-when you do have time off." He said, a sincere smile gracing his lips. My gaze suddenly became overly interested in his muscles, how they flexed when he moved his wrist. He was perfect, and not bad looking either, I mean for a turtle. Hell, he's gorgeous...

"(name?)" Raphael spoke, slouching slightly to my height, gazing into my eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked, looking concerned. 

'Nah, Raph I'm okay, well, other than the fact that I have just come to terms with my feelings within about two hours'

"Y-yeah, I-I'm okay. Just thinking, and thanks for the offer, I'll try" I said, with a smile mirroring his. 

Donatello

Within the few hours I had met Donatello, I've somehow managed to shake all the stress of the world from my shoulders. With him here, by my side, even if we are just sat at the table doing nothing but geeking over inventions and inventors, I feel so calm. Calmer than ever before, I could really get used to this, but I know now that he has the world at his feet, even if I stay here, I would only be a drag, nothing more than useless company. Although, deep down, I want to be more than friends, I want to feel this calm till my last breath, and till my last breath I want to be by his side.

"Hey... (name)... Are you okay? You seem to be under the influence of a daze..." Donatello asked, I didn't notice until now how gentle his gaze was, filled with adorable concern, as his eyes washed over me, desperately searching for some sign of discomfort. 

"I'm fine Donnie, I promise," I reassured him, unconsciously taking his hand in mine, cradling it. I was relieved that he didn't pull his hand away, instead, he grasped both of my hands with his, chuckling as to how small mine were in comparison to his. He held them so delicately as if the slightest touch would shatter them.

"I believe you."

Michaelangelo.

Still laid on Mikey's shoulders, he sprinted down the hall, back out onto the street, outside, we could still hear the unamused mumbles from the turtles as they cleaned the mess we found oh so amusing. After a while, Mikey gently placed me down onto the path, where I lowered myself down to sit on the side walk, slowly but surely getting over a well deserved laughing fit.

"H-Hey Mikey... Won't the guys be mad at you? I mean, Raph looked like he was about to kill you?" I asked, chuckling slightly at the memory.

"Nah, they'll get over it, they're used to it!" He replied, taking a seat next to me, nudging me slightly.

"Its great to have you back again (name), it really is. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun!" He said, sending a cute smile my way, although the gesture was slightly childish, I couldn't stop the heat that rushed to my cheeks.

"Its just good to see you guys again, I'm so glad I came over here" I sighed, sitting silently as we enjoyed each other's company.

Curious, I took a glance at Mikey, only to gently bump into his shoulder, now aware of how close he was.

"Oops, sorry" He chuckled, gently placing a finger on my cheek, "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I am Mikey," I think...