Scaring you

The weekend went by really fast. All we did was go swimming and playing games with the whole camp. My dad didn't call or text me which I didn't expect. I thought he would text me at least three times a day but he didn't and I'm very happy about it. And I'm actually doing pretty good which I also didn't expect. I thought that when I log in again that it'll ruin my summer but I guess I'm getting along with the apps.

Or that's what I thought...

"Morning" I smile and sit down on the benches to eat breakfast. "What's up with you?" Justin smiles, noticing my good mood. "What do you mean?" I bite in my toast. "What made you smile like that?" Justin asks and takes a bite of his bread. "I don't know" I shrug. "I guess I'm just in a good mood" I take another bite. "Everything good with..." Paul says a bit quieter and doesn't finish his sentence so Theo and the others don't hear or know what we're taking about. "Yes" I smile. "Perfect" he smiles back.

"Does any of you know the todays activity yet?" Liam asks us all. "I heard we're doing windsurfing" Jacob answers.

Windsurfing...I always wanted to that, it sounds like so much fun.

"Did any of you ever done that before?" Paul asks. Justin, Theo, Liam and Liv raise their hands. Why did Theo do literally every sport that exist.

"Is there any sport you haven't done yet?" I say out loud. Ah shit I just wanted to think that and not say it out loud.

"What?" He looks at me. "I'm just wondering because I never saw you either struggling at a sport or not knowing how to do it." I say kinda confident. What's up with me today.

"My dad used to play with me all kind of sports back then" he answers normally but if I didn't look at him for one more second I wouldn't have seen the frown that formed on his face. Did I say something wrong? Why's he frowning? Him and his dad always had a good relationship so I don't think it's that. Maybe he just misses him.

~

"Hurry up I want to go windsurfing" I say excited to Justin. "Chill out" he says and zips up his wetsuit that we have to wear. He finished so we both go to the windsurfing boards and grab one each. We carry the board to the lake and put it just half into the water so it doesn't swim away while we're listening to the instructions.

"...if you think you need help then ask somebody who did it before and let them help you. If there're no questions, we can start" Markus ends.

I paired up with Justin so he can help me. We both grab our board and push them into the water. Then we sit on them and paddle with our hands further into the water. When we found a good spot, we stop and get on our knees.

Okay remember what Markus said. Grab a hold of the uphaul, without pulling up the sail yet. Then raise to your feet at a slow pace. Bend your knees slightly and pull the sail up from the water with the uphaul, hand over hand like hauling in a rope. I did everything I just repeated in my head and it actually worked. I'm standing and I did not fall into the water.

"Good Job. Now practice steering" Justin shouts from where he is with his board.

With the mast straight up I tilt the mast to my left. My body is now transferring the imbalance to the board so the board turns clockwise. I'm doing really well.

"You can try and surf now a bit" Justin shouts. I do what he says and surf to Justin first. "I can't believe that I didn't fall into the water once" I say proud as I arrive Justin. "Going to change" he says with a smirk on his face. "Wha-" I try to say but before I can finish I'm being pushed into the water. When I come up again I swim to his board and wiggle it back and forth so he looses balance and falls into the water too.