Merry birthday

Christmas season is the time for family, friends, and feasts. Decorations are unpacked, lights are fired up, and songs about holiday cheer go on every shopping mall's playlist.

It's my favorite season for a reason. I love seeing the shinny Christmas lights that decorates my street and the sound of fresh fallen snow on the ground. It doesn't snow that often but I'm hoping for the best this year.

Christmas reminds me of family, the laughter and love we share, and the gifts we give to each other.

Since December startet I'm excited, so guess how excited I am waking up one day before Christmas and my birthday. Very.

I wake up with a huge smile on my face, heart full of joy and my stomach ready to eat something. I throw the blanket off my legs and open the door to a sweet smell.

I jog down the stairs and see fresh baked cookies that are decorated with little pearls and sprinkles. "Can I have one?" I smile at my Mom. "Good morning to you too" she pushes the plate to me.

"They're are really good" I mumble with the cookie still in my mouth. A few months ago I would've been disgusted by myself. Not only for eating a cookie but also for speaking with food in my mouth. It always triggered me when others did it.

"Love seeing you enjoy it" my Mom still smiles when I'm eating. Every time. I could eat a banana and she'd smile to herself.

"Get dressed and help me decorate the house, we still have some things to do" she practically throws me out of the kitchen. "I still have to eat breakfast though" I laugh and grab the cereal and some milk. "Sorry, of course"

I make my way to the dinner table and sit down, wondering why it feels so different, sitting at this table. It's longer. "Mom why did you extend the table?" We have this cool table that you can make longer for when guests are coming. The thing is, we're eating alone today.

"I like eating with more people so I called the Brown's.." she jokes around. "..and asked if they want to come" it's like she's more excited than I am. "Oh my god, that's great! I didn't ask Theo because I thought he wanted to spent some time with his family but I guess they don't mind" this makes me even more excited.

I said it before, too much excitement makes me nauseous. "I'm getting readyyyy" I sing while I stand up and leave the unfinished cereal on the table. "Finish your food" my Mom tries to say but I'm already on the stairs. "I can't, I'm too excited" I shout, almost by my room. "Now Lia!" She shouts back. "Mom, I ate the cookie" I remind her. It's basically like I ate the whole cereal.

"Okay" she nods, not really supporting my decision. I know how hard it is for her, worrying about me all the time but she has to get used to me being full even though my food isn't finished.

Standing in front of my mirror I wonder if I should wear a skirt again. Theo loooved it. But I feel more like something comfortable so I grab my baggy jeans and a red pullover.