Talking

Lia's pov:
I open my eyes to a loud noise but squint them together again. They're still burning a bit and also puffy. I look around the room to see where the noise came from, seeing that my room is almost completely clean. My eyes then fall on Theo who carefully tries to pick up the thing he dropped, not noticing I'm already awake.

"Theo what are you doing?" I mumble with my horse morning voice. "God, you scared me" he holds his heart, making me chuckle. "I'm cleaning up your room. I don't think the fresh start thing was a good idea" he looks at me, seeing if I'm taking it as a joke. "Probably" I let out a little chuckle.

"I was supposed to clean it up though." I feel bad as I look around the room. There're only a few things on the floor left. "You were supposed to sleep and you did. I was awake and bored so I cleaned" he explains, trying to not make me feel bad. "Thank you but-" he hushes me with a 'Shh'.

"I don't want a thank you." He sits down on the edge of the bed, making it sink down a bit. "I made breakfast. Some scrambled eggs and stuff" he smiles as his soft hand rests on my cheek. He doesn't know. I still haven't told him. I just told him I'm sick. I kind of regret it. Now I have to tell him everything.

"Theo-" he cuts me off. "I'm gonna help you, don't worry" he strokes my cheek with his thumb and I get confused. "It's downstairs" he takes my hand and I get out of bed. His hand holds mine so gently that I think he's not even holding it. I look down to them and see a big plaster on it. He took care of it.

"Thank you"

"For what?" He turns around. "For playing doctor" I chuckle. "Looks good, doesn't it?" He proudly takes a quick look at his work. "Totally" I nod with a smile. He returns my smile and continues leading the way downstairs with me behind him and our hands intertwined.

"Are your parents coming back soon?" He takes our plates and walks towards the couch. "No" Thank god. "Where are they anyways?" He places the food down onto the couch table and we both sit down. "Business trip" I make myself comfortable in a criss cross position and take my plate. I know which one is who's because my plate hasn't got that much food on it.

"Try it and tell me if it's good. I don't know if I put too much salt in it" he eats his first fork off the eggs.

Just eat. Just eat. Just eat.

I grab the fork and scoop a little bit of the eggs on it. "I didn't really know if you'd like bacon too so I didn't put it on your plate but if you want some it's in the kitchen" he keeps talking as I put the food into my mouth. He wants me to concentrate on his voice and not the food and that's exactly what I'm doing.

"I don't really like bacon but the eggs are really good." I play along with the distraction and continue eating. I don't like eggs that much but I have to eat something and he made an effort.

When he sees I'm doing okay, we're quiet and eating in a comfortable silence. A few minutes later though I break the silence as he finishes his food. I don't want him to watch me.

"How do you know?" I keep my eyes on my plate. "After I picked you up and felt your body I connected the dots" I feel so embarrassed that he felt my body. Nobody should touch my body.

"Which dots?" I ask out of curiosity. He must've noticed that something isn't right. "The way you act around food. You have a few trigger" Not just a few. "For example?" I keep eating. "Remember when we were cooking together at camp?" He asks and I nod. "You were practically shouting at me to follow the recipe" he dramatizes, making me chuckle.

"Can I ask you a question?"

I nod again.

"Were you struggling since camp?" He asks and I finally look at him. He used the word 'struggling' instead of 'sick', the word I used to indirectly tell him about me. I try to hide a smile.