Careful

Sorry if the drawing looks bad, I kinda rushed through it heheh
—-

The sun slowly started to set in the night sky, kids stopped playing to go home to their families. Lights dimmed the streets as people closed their doors, and soon the village went quiet. Luca, Alberto, and Giulia were still walking the streets on their way back home, with the box of kittens.

A loud sigh came from Giulia, "That was exhausting..."

"I think we did good today," said Luca. "We were able to find great homes for three of the kittens, now we just got four more to go."

"This is gonna be easy," Alberto scoffed. Then he looked at the ground, "But I will miss the little guys..."

"I know, but remember, we're doing the right thing," Giulia told him. "It's better for them. And you still have Luke, you know."

Al nodded. Luca spoke again, "Huh. Today wasn't that hard, surprisingly. No one bothered us about the cats! That's good-"

"Now what is this?"

The three of them jumped at the sound of someone's voice. A very familiar voice. They slowly turned around, to have their eyes met with Ercole, and three other kids with him.

Luca's anxiety crept up to him as Ercole stepped closer to them, giving them an evil smirk. "Ah. I see the three of you sad losers have reunited again! It's been a while, hasn't it? Luca? Spulia?"

Alberto growled. Luca stepped back, but Giulia gave him an angry look as she took two steps forward. "Ugh, I was hoping we wouldn't see your face again. But here we are. I'm already about to puke."

Ercole's gang was about to approach her, but he stopped them. "No, no need. Not yet, anyway." He started to laugh as he slowly walked closer to Giulia. "I see you're still the snotty little brat I remember, except a little brattier this time. So tell me, how was school like for you and that little disgusting sea monster? Did he get along well with the other kids, or did they want him dead too?"

Alberto thought of intervening, but Giulia seemed to be taking the wheel here. "No! In fact, almost EVERYONE there loves him! Some people might not, but that doesn't matter! Luca deserves to go to school just as much as the rest of us kids do!"

Ercole chuckled, "Please! If anything, he deserves to be forced back into the sea, where he belongs! No way would a school of normal humans accept something like him, haha!"

Alberto glared at him with hatred, Luca hiding behind him. Giulia rolled her eyes, "Think what you want. But the people there are nice to him, they don't care what he is. It's none of your business what we do with our lives, is it?"

Ercole scoffed, looking away from her. She then glanced at the new faces standing behind him. Giulia raised an eyebrow, asking, "And...who are they?"

Ercole smirked as he turned to his group. "Oh, them? Right, forgot you two haven't met them before. These are my new amicos (friends), Antonio, Matteo, and Chiara. Guys, this is 'Spulia' and Luca, the other lame, sweaty dogs I've been telling you about!"

Antonio was about the same height as Ercole, he was 18 and had tan skin. His hair was black and messy, like it hadn't been brushed properly. His eyes were brown, and he wore a grey shirt with a white jacket over it, and dirty jeans with a pair of worn-out boots. He looked the most intimidating too, he had the most muscle out of the four of them.

Matteo was shorter, and had dark brown hair. He was 16, his skin was a bit lighter, and his eyes were blue. He wore a brown, ripped t-shirt with messy blue jean shorts and a pair of black shoes. He looked like he was the least intimidating, as well.