Is Nowhere Safe?

(WARNING: violence, blood, heart-break, sad fish boys, yeah yeah all that gay stuff)

Ercole and Luca stood a few feet from each other, Luca looking at him with the most intense hatred he's ever felt in his life. He had never felt so much loathe for someone before, until this very moment.

"Well, look who it is," Ercole smirked, putting a hand on one hip. "So you decided to come crawling back, fish boy?"

Luca scowled at him, heart pounding faster by the second. He wasn't sure what to say, where to even begin. All he could do was stare into Ercole's eyes, wanting him to know how disgusted he was by him.

Ercole made a smug grin. "Your face doesn't look very pleasant. Did you come looking for another fight, piccoletto?"

The more he continued to speak, the more it made Luca boil up inside. He felt so tempted to just...punch him, over and over. But he only stood there, trembling. He was afraid of what could happen, what he might be capable of. He was never the violent type, he hated violence. But after everything that happened with him and Alberto...he felt like he was ready to snap too.

Luca sighed, lowering his head. So this is how Alberto felt...now I understand.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as Ercole spoke again. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Hah! You're sad because your bOyFriEnD isn't here, is that right? Big guy isn't here to protect you! His little helpless fish twink! Aha!"

That set Luca off.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" he shouted in his face. "ALBERTO IS IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF YOU! HE ALMOST DIED! DO YOU NOT FEEL EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF SYMPATHY FOR HIM?!"

Taken aback, Ercole looked offended and shoved him back. "Pff, no! Did you really expect me to feel sorry for him? For either of you? You queers got what you DESERVE! Things like you don't belong here!"

"WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF WE'RE GAY?!" Luca exclaimed. "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THAT'S TRUE! BUT WHY DOES THAT MATTER? WE'RE NOT HURTING ANYBODY! YOU'RE LITERALLY TRYING TO KILL US FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T LIKE! HOW SICK IN THE HEAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU STAY ON TOP?!"

"I DO NOT CARE HOW SICK I AM!" Ercole bellowed, now angry. "YOU TWO HAVE RUINED MY LIFE AND YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP RUINING IT! YOU TOOK AWAY EVERYTHING THAT BELONGED TO ME! ALL YOU BOTH DO IS SCREW UP PEOPLE'S LIVES! AND NOW YOU THINK YOU CAN WALK AROUND TOWN FREELY, SPREADING YOUR QUEERNESS LIKE A DISEASE! YOU JUST DO WHATEVER YOU PLEASE, DON'T YOU?"

Luca looked at him with shock, "Is that...is that what you really think of us? Ercole, we are KIDS that are just trying to live LIFE! We NEVER meant to hurt you! YOU'RE the one who kept getting in our way, trying your BEST to make us miserable. You're the reason why nobody likes you! You're the reason why you're still acting like this! You won't let the past go! You won't move on and try to get along with everybody! If you just did that, things could've been better here!"

Ercole stood quiet, glaring at him. Shaking his head, he shoved Luca on the ground and pinned him down. Luca yelped in surprise.

"You really are just a couple of stupid kids," Ercole growled, gripping harder onto his wrists. "I should've known that you were never going to understand. So I guess I'll have to spell it out for you!"

"Unh, LET ME GO!" Luca yelled loudly, squirming and kicking.

"LISTEN TO ME, RAGGAZO!" Ercole snapped. "The reason why you boys keep getting into these situations, is because you NEVER LISTEN! FIGHTING IS ONLY GOING TO MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR YOU!"

"STOP! I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT!" Luca cried, "I-I JUST WANT THINGS TO GET BETTER FOR ALL OF US!"

Ercole sighed, chuckling. "There can only be one winner, kid. And that, is ME!"