A Special Thing in Our Lives

The next day, Giulia had made the decision to take the group to hang out at the field again (where they met Riccardo), because she was starting to suspect something between Luca and Alberto.

She was very aware of their interactions between each other yesterday, and she could quickly tell that they weren't positive. She noticed how upset Luca was at Al for making them take a risky path to get away from Antonio and Matteo. But she had a feeling that that wasn't Luca's biggest concern, that maybe he's hiding something that he's too afraid to talk about.

Giulia noticed the same thing with Alberto too. Ever since they left the hiding spot, he'd been more quiet than normal. She thought that the two were getting along again, but it looked like she was wrong. She cared deeply for her friends, and she knew better than to ignore the problem. So, she hoped that getting them into a conversation to get along again would maybe help them be close again.

Basically she's getting herself and her friends to get into talking about some personal things in their lives that they're comfortable sharing, hoping to get Luca and Al to see that ranting or being open about stuff is ok. But she made sure to be careful too, to not make them upset or feel awkward.

As the four left the house and met up with Riccardo, they made their way to the location. Giulia explained to them what they'd be doing today.

"Oh, that's what we're doing?" Riccardo questioned.

Giulia nodded, "Um, yeah! It might not help everyone, but I hope it helps us. Now obviously we don't have to say a lot, we can just talk about some things that we don't mind sharing at all. We could lighten the mood, too, if the atmosphere gets too uncomfy for us!"

Sofia nodded in approval, "I like this idea. Now, I like to talk about a bunch of stuff, but I'll keep them short and let you guys have your turns too! And we could try this once, and if it doesn't work for some of us, it's alright. We don't have to go back there again! No one's going to force us. It'll be ok, guys!"

Luca gave them a small frown, "So, we're not going to be taking any pictures today? You know, for the evidence?"

Giulia replied, "Uh, no, not today. We should lay low at least for today, so Ercole's group won't see us and go crazy again. For now, we need to be careful. Let's just try staying close to the adults so we'll feel a little safer."

Luca nodded, and then added, "I think this is a good idea, too. It'd be nice to get to know more about Sofia and Riccardo, you guys are really cool people to hang with! And Giulia and I should probably catch up more with Alberto too, I bet he's hiding a lot of cool things he's done here that he hasn't even told us about!"

Alberto didn't say anything, he was still being distant since yesterday. There were still so many things going through his head, like Luca and Giulia being closer, what Luca is thinking of him, and what he'd been feeling for Luca for a while. It only frustrated him more, so he tried blocking the thoughts out and instead thought of other things.

He kept telling himself that he was tired of seeing Luca, tired of sneaking looks at him, and thinking about him. But deep down, he knew that wasn't true.

As they approached the gate, they opened the door and headed inside. The smell of fresh grass and blooming flowers hit their noses, and they immediately breathed it all in. The place really did feel like heaven, they wondered how well these people had done with working on the place. Seeing kids laughing and playing just made the vibe better, because for a moment, they forgot about all the evil in the world.

Riccardo pointed to a corner of the gate that had a tree in front of it. "Let's go sit over there, it's a really cozy spot. I go there sometimes to relax, I think you guys will like it, too!"