More Than a Friend?

Today was the day. Luca had finally decided that it was time he'd talk to someone about this feeling he'd been having for so long. After hanging out with Alberto, Luca only became more blushy and excited around him. He couldn't stand holding it in any longer, he had to vent to someone.

He chose to talk to his parents and Grandma about it, he figured that maybe they had experienced this too, and could show him how to deal with it. He hoped that they could help him. After breakfast, his friends walked him outside, to the shore, and then he jumped in the water.

Once he'd made it to his old home, he swam inside and could smell many familiar scents that he'd forgotten about for a while. But there was no one inside, though. It was just an empty rock-table, pictures of him, his family, and his friends. To his right, he noticed his Grandma laying in bed.

Luca smiled and happily swam over to her, "Hey, Grandma! Are you sleeping?"

Chuckling, she replied, "Oh, I just woke up, bubble. It's nice to see you again! Your parents are getting food right now, they'll be back. What brings you here?"

Luca hugged his chest, "Oh, uh. Well, I wanted to talk to you guys about something, real quick. I'll wait until they get back, though. Is that fine? Or are you guys still busy?"

Nonna shook her head as she sat up. "No, no, you're fine. We actually just finished working last night, so now we'll get to see you and your friends more often. Just hang tight until your Mother and Father get back."

Luca nodded and sat down with her. They waited for nearly ten minutes, until they noticed two figures swimming over to them. His parents gasped as they saw their son. Luca laughed as they swam over to him and picked him up, hugging him tightly.

"Luca! What're you doing here?" Lorenzo laughed as he ruffled his son's hair.

Daniela squeezed Luca as she teared up, "Luca! I wasn't expecting you to come back so soon! We just finished the house, so now we're free to do whatever! I'm sooo happy you're here! How are you? How are your friends?"

After they released Luca, he stepped back, grinning. "I'm doing great, Mom! We all are! And so is Massimo, and the cats. What about you guys?"

Setting the food down onto the table, his Mom replied, "We're good, Bubble! We missed you a lot, but we wanted to get some tasks done first so we could make more time for you. How do you like the place?"

Luca looked around him. Amazed, sparkles appeared in his eyes. The walls and ceiling were decorated with glowing rocks and plants, giving the home more lighting. More rooms were built inside, too. Luca, his Grandma, and his parents had their own bedrooms now.

Luca sat down as he admired the place, "Woah, this looks so cool! It reminds me of this cave Alberto showed me that was full of glowing rocks! You guys did a great job!"

"Funny thing, uh, this was actually Al's idea!" said his Dad. "He thought we'd feel more at home if there was more room in the house for all of us. Glad you like it, son."

"So why'd you come, Luca?" Daniela asked as she swam over to him.

Scratching his neck nervously, Luca replied, "Oh, well...I've been dealing with something for some time now, and I thought, maybe you guys could help me figure out what's wrong with me. It's kinda hard to explain, though. I'm not sure what it is...so I wanted to ask you, because I thought, maybe you've been through it too."

Nodding, his parents sat down beside him.

"Well, we're listening, Luca. Just try your best, and take your time," his Mother smiled at him, smoothing his hair.