Meeting Riccardo

The Next Day

"Ok, so...you guys cool now?" Giuila asked Luca and Al, after they had told her what happened yesterday and last night.

They both nodded. "Yeah, we're cool," responded Alberto.

"Sorry for ignoring you yesterday, but- we're ok now! Really!" Luca told her. "And also, we talked about how we could stay away from Ercole and his group, and how to deal with them whenever we're in another situation like...the last couple of times."

Giulia put her hands on her hips, nodding. "Ok! Tell me."

Luca started to explain. "Ok, so basically we have to stay together as a group whenever we leave the house. We have to have our pocket knifes with us at all times, and we have to try to watch around us, too-"

Alberto nodded, adding, "Yeah, they could be anywhere. They could jump at us, or whatever! We have to be ready for anything that happens. And if they ever try hurting us, I have some hiding spots we can run to and stay at for a little while, until they leave us alone. We have to be careful though, so they won't know where the hiding spots are at."

Before Giuila could respond, Luca said, "I know this plan sounds kinda hard, and risky, but it's all we got! We have to trust Alberto and Massimo on this, because they know those bullies better than we do. I-I think we'll be safe!"

Giuila smiled at both of them, "Don't worry, we will. I wish we knew about this before coming here, you know, so we'd be prepared. But we know now, and we're going to stay away from them as far as possible! Whatever happens, we'll still have each other. Though, I still think we should find some way to get them caught. Alberto and the other kids here have had to deal with those jerks for too long! It's not right!"

Luca thought about it for a moment, and then he gasped. "Wait, Giuila! Remember when we'd take pictures wherever we'd go when we moved to your Mom's place? What if we used a camera to secretly film and take pictures of them bullying other kids?"

Giuila's face lit up, "Of COURSE! Why didn't I think of that?! We HAVE to do that! We could take the footage to the police and then they'd HAVE to do something! If Ercole's group mostly hurts kids when they're alone, then of course it'd be hard to believe that they were the ones that did anything to the kid, because no one else was there to see it! We could have evidence! But...sadly, I left my camera at my Ma's place..."

"We'll just buy our own," Alberto shrugged. "We could all work to make the money to buy one. I make money from life-guarding, so I can help."

Giuila grinned, "Sweet! And I'll keep delivering fish to people's houses like last summer! And Luca, if you wanna help, we could find you a job too!"

Luca perked up, eyes widening. "What? Oh, uh...maybe? I dunno...I'm not sure if I'd be cut out for working..."

Giuila frowned, "So...no?"

Luca shook his head, "No! No! I-I wanna help but-"

"Cool! Then he can help me!" Alberto wrapped his arm around Luca's shoulders. "I could use some extra hands to help handle the annoying kids! And Luca would be GREAT at it."

Giuila snickered, "Um, are you sure? Is he even experienced in life-guarding?"

Alberto replied, "Don't worry! He can be my assistant! It'll be fine, even if he messes up! I messed up a few times, but I eventually got the hang of it! He will too."

Giuila glanced at Luca's pale face, "What do you think, Luca?"

Luca hesitated, as he thought about it. Then he thought, 'Well...at least I'd be with Alberto.' He gulped, "Um, well...ok. It shouldn't be hard. Silenzo Bruno...heheh."