The Spark

—Two Days Later—

For the past couple of days, the boys stayed hiding in the abandoned old house, trying their best to survive with what little of the things they had. They still had enough money to buy food, but they weren't sure how much longer it was going to last. And so far, they hadn't run into any kind of threat or danger, so they decided to spend the day looking for some things to buy that they thought would be useful enough to help them on their journey.

But unfortunately, the only thing that they would be able to afford was food. Almost everything in the town they were in was expensive, so the next thing they attempted was trading. The two mainly needed a blanket to keep warm, but so far all they were given were a satchel, a couple of pillows, and an empty notebook.

After a few more tries to get a blanket, they still had no luck. So the two decided to give up for the day and head back to their hideout.

"Well that sucked..." Al sighed as he carefully sat down next to their stuff, to avoid the pain in his ribs.

Luca sat next to him. "Well...at least we have pillows. Now we can use this satchel for our food, so we can carry the pillows around in our backpack."

Alberto just sighed and nodded.

"...You okay?" Luca questioned, noticing that Al was holding his stomach.

"I'm fine..." Al nodded, but his voice sounded tight. "Just...in a little pain, from walking around..."

"You need to lay down and rest," Luca sighed, "I wish we could've gotten a blanket...Here."

Taking off his and Al's jackets, Luca laid them both down, along with the pillows, and laid Alberto on top of them. He then took everything out of the backpack and placed it under Alberto's legs to help him feel more comfortable.

"There!" Luca smiled. "Comfy?"

"Yeah...thanks," Al mumbled as he sat up a little.

"You're welcome," Luca sat by him. "Does it still hurt? Your ribs?"

Alberto nodded, looking away.

Luca sighed and looked at the floor. "I wish there was something I could do...maybe I could go back out and try and see if I can find any medicine for you."

"No..." Alberto shook his head. "It's fine, really. I can manage."

"But...I don't want you to get more hurt than you already have..." Luca looked at him sadly. "You've been moving around so much while in a lot of pain, for three days now...hasn't it become unbearable by now?"

"It could be worse..." Al muttered. "And besides...the more we're seen, the more people might recognize us. They already have a few missing posters of us hanging around here. We need to lay low..."

Luca didn't say anything else, because Al was right. Ever since the other day, they have already started seeing posters of themselves being hung up around town. Cops have been searching the streets and other places as well...luckily, they haven't gone to the abandoned house...not yet, anyway. But the possibility of it happening hasn't left Luca's mind. Only more and more questions began swarming his anxious mind.

"A...Alberto," Luca gulped. "W...what if...we're being followed?"

"By who?" asked Al.