XK Class Scenario, SCP-173

After eating dinner provided to them by the theater, the group of foundation scientists and SCPs took their seats and prepared for the next viewing.

      "What will we be watching this time Mr. Theater?" Abby asked the disembodied voice of the theater.

      "We will be watching an event that happens in an alternate timeline of your universe." The theater answered. "I believe the Foundation calls these events XK-Class end of the world scenarios."

      The four foundation scientists in the room immediately felt themselves tense up upon hearing the term XK- Class. An XK-Class scenario is a term every Foundation agent dreads.

      Clef lets out a tired sigh before speaking up. "Alright I think I'm gonna need some whisky for this."

      "Same here." Kondraki, Bright, and Rights all said at the same time.

      "Very well." The theater says before a table

with different types of whiskey and shot glasses on it appeared in front of them.

      The screen flickered to life to reveal a man in a dark room sitting at a table with a recording device and a bottle of whiskey. The man's face couldn't be seen clearly due to the darkness of the room. The only thing that could be recognizable through the darkness were some of his clothing. The man wears blue pants and a grey shirt with a foundation lab coat over it.

       "Ominous spooky room, what a great start." Iris says sarcastically.

       "Addendum 1" the man speaks as the view suddenly changes to a flashback where two copies of SCP- 173 could be seen within the confines of SCP-173's containment cell. At the foot of the statues were two corpses of D-Class personnel.

      "On ??/??/????, Scp-173 appeared to multiply, producing two identical copies. Two D-class personnel were killed. It is unknown how this process occurred. Each in of Scp-173, now labeled Scp-173-1 and Scp-173-2 are now being moved to individual cells each following the original's containment procedures. Shortly after this a second multiplication event occurred. Scp-173-1 through 4 are to each be contained as per original containment procedures. Scp- 173 reclassified as keter." The man narrates though when he spoke of the date his voice became disoriented due to it being redacted information.

      The eyes of the Foundation researchers went wide at the sight of multiple copies of Scp-173. One was bad enough already, they didn't want to know how bad things could get if there were more of them.

    "How did it even manage to pull that off unnoticed? We have it under constant surveillance." Dr. Rights says in disbelief.

    Kondraki pulled out his notebook and got ready to write down as much information as possible. The theater said this was an alternate timeline but if by whatever chance their timelines version of Scp-173 could do the same then they need to be prepared.

       "It seems old snappy boy has a few tricks up his non-existent sleeve." Scp-035 chuckles.

       "Addendum 2" the man on screen spoke as the view showed an image of a destroyed Foundation facility. 

       "Security breach occurred on ??/??/????. Assuming a simple geometric progression, at least 61 copies of Scp-173 are as of now unaccounted for. It is unknown how they replicated so fast, or how they replicated at all. Video evidence of the containment breach shows multiple instances of Scp-173 working in unison across multiple cells to achieve the breach. Most of the instances still in captivity appear to have formed a rear guard blocking foundation agents from pursuing other instances. It is theorized that Scp-173 has a hive intelligence, where intelligence scales with the number of nearby copies." The man explains.