Viewing 13

After the previous viewing everyone took a short break to get snacks or use the bathroom they took their seats for the next viewing.

      The screen came on to pick up exactly where the last viewing left off. Fuji and Aki are hiding in the kitchen area of the cafeteria as Chaos Insurgent soldiers search the area. They're closing in fast and Aki has a gunshot injury on her right leg. It won't be much longer before they are found and while Fuji is invincible, Aki is not.

     Fuji gripped the handle of a kitchen knife he'd grabbed after they hid. He needed to make a move the Insurgents are going to find them either way. 

      “Stay here and keep your head down. Don't move no matter what.” Fuji whispers to his wife.

       As the footsteps of an Insurgent got closer Fuji readied himself to leap over the counter and stab the aggressor. However before he could make a move gunshots rang out again. Fuji instinctively threw himself on top of Aki to protect her from stray bullets. A few moments of gunfire pass before the room goes quiet.

     Hesitantly Fuji looks over the counter only to see the aftermath of the gunfight. The Chaos Insurgents were all dead with Sam and Iris standing at the blown open entrance of the cafeteria. They both held the same type of rifles that the Chaos Insurgents were holding.

     Dr. Kondraki turned to Iris. “I thought you didn’t like killing? And didn’t you refuse to kill before, know matter how much we ordered you to during your time with Omega-7”

     Iris frowned at the question. “I don’t like killing, even now. But if I have to defend myself and others I will. I think after a while I’ve grown somewhat numb to it. As for my time in Omega-7, I wasn’t fond of the Idea of being ordered to assassinate someone by a shady organization with no context as to why. I’m a person not a mindless weapon.”

     Sam was the first to notice Fuji. “You alright?”

     “I'm fine, but Aki took a hit.” Fuji says as he picks up the injured Aki.

      “It's just a shot in the leg. I've been in worse situations.” Aki says in hopes of alleviating Fuji's worries.

      Iris walked up to them to look at the injury. “We should get you to the infirmary just in case. A gunshot is still a gunshot. But I don't know how to treat gunshot wounds beyond slowing the bleeding.”

     “I can take care of it, I just need the supplies. Where’s the infirmary?” Fuji asked.

     Iris pointed down the hallway that they'd just come from. “Straight down the hall the door is labeled so you can’t miss it.”

     Sam picked up a handgun and a rifle from a dead Chaos Insurgent and handed them to Fuji and Aki. “Here take these just in case. We killed some of them on the way here but it doesn't hurt to be prepared for more.”

     “What happened to security?” Aki asked.

     “No Idea. The ones we came across were already dead.” Sam answered.

     “Thank you, stay safe you two.” Cain says expressing gratitude for the aid.

     “Dito.” Iris responded.

     With Cain and Aki leaving to the infirmary Sam and Iris contemplated their next move.

     “What do we do now?” Iris asked.

     Sam looked around the room and was quiet for a moment as he listened carefully for any other heart beats in the room. He heard none other than his own and Iris's. Everyone else in the room had died something that disappointed both him and Iris, they'd hoped they could save more.