Viewing 12

After a good night's rest everyone who'd been brought into the theater, SCP's and Researchers, gathered in the main viewing room.

     "Theater, what are we watching today?" Dr. Clef asked before letting out a loud yawn.

     "We'll be continuing with events in your universe." The theater answers as the lights dim.

     As the theater screen came to life Agent Mills could be seen in her office speaking to someone on the phone. 

     "Have the ethics committee approved the proposed test?" Agent Mills asked.

     "Yes, they've given you the green light." Answers whoever Mills was speaking too over the phone.

     "Very well then. I'll contact Dr. Flecks and have her run the experiment. Goodbye." Agent Mills says before hanging up on whoever she was talking to and calling Dr. Flecks.

     "Hello, Dr. Flecks? This is Agent Mills, you've been given the green light to conduct those tests we proposed a few days ago." Agent Mills says. "Gather the new anomalies we have and the resources needed for the test and conduct them accordingly."

     "Yes Ma'am. Beginning preparations now." Dr. Flecks says before hanging up.

      The view changed and showed Aki sitting patiently in a room. The room itself wasn't anything special; the only noteworthy things about it was the single entrance/exit to the room being a reinforced metal door and a tinted window on the opposite side of the room. Aside from those features the room just has small vents, cameras, and a table with two chairs that Aki was currently sitting at.

    "That looks like an interrogation room. Is Aki being interrogated?" Epon says curiously.

    "Some rooms have dual functions, that one is probably used in both testing and interrogations." Dr. Kondraki answers. "There are various different types of testing rooms that are specifically built for varying purposes. That one is one of the more common room types."

    The metal door slid open and a Foundation scientist stepped into the room holding a large box. The door sealed itself shut as he walked over to the opposite side of the table and took his seat.

    "Hello Aki, my name is Dr. Orion and I will be the one conducting these tests with you today. These tests will be short and simple so we won't be taking up too much of either of our time." Dr. Orion says after pulling out a recorder and turning it on.

     Clef leans over to Dr. Bright and asks him "Have you ever heard of Dr. Orion?"

     Dr. Bright was the oldest researcher in the room. He'd been around nearly as long as the Foundation has. The only reason he looks as young as he does is because he's possessing someone else's body. All of this is thanks to his Amulet. Technically speaking Dr. Bright is the Amulet, his original body had died a long time ago. He had the Amulet in his possession when he died and it absorbed his soul. When someone puts it on their soul is overwritten by Dr. Bright's.

     "Never heard of him. He must be new." Dr. Bright answers. It was rare for Dr. Bright not to know someone who works for the Foundation but not entirely unheard of.

     "Do you have any questions before we begin?" He asked.

     "What kind of test?" Aki says cautiously as she sifts a bit in her chair uncomfortably.

     "I assure you nothing that will cause either of us harm." The researcher answers. "We are just going to test and observe your pyrokinetic and illusionary abilities. If things become uncomfortable then don't be afraid to say so. If it helps bring any more comfort we are being watched on camera and there are other researchers and security personnel on the other end of that window. You can’t see them because the window is a one way view only but I assure you they're. If either one of us tries to harm the other or an accident happens then they'd respond in a moment's notice."