SCP Overlord

After a quick break everyone gathered back into the main room of the theater for the next viewing.

     "What will we be viewing this time, Theater?" Dr. Kondraki asked.

     "We will be viewing events that take place in a reality much like yours. This will allow you and Dr. Rights to take a break from your notes." The Theater answers.

     The screen comes to life and shows a debriefing room with many foundation MTF agents seated and making last minute adjustments to their gear. In the front of the room is the woman who will be debriefing the soldiers. Her name is Zoller. She is caucasian, has shoulder length dark curly hair, dark brown eyes, and wears a black suit. A projector is turned on and projects multiple images of people of interest on the wall next to her.

    "Everything I'm about to tell you is classified under a level 3 security clearance and is on a need-to-know basis." She says as the projected screen zooms in on one of the PoI's. A man who looks to be in his thirties. "The man you are looking at is Ethan Pender. A figure within a new-age religious movement known as the New Transcendentalists. His farmstead has since become a commune for the primary thought leaders, with around nine total members. This movement was suspected of organizing chemical attacks all across New England in the early 2010's. Additionally, there have been many strange disappearances loosely associated with the movement. All suspected, nothing confirmed. In the past three months, there have been a dozen missing persons across Franklin, Berkshire, and Hampden, with no clear offender but given that this is happening in the cult's backyard, he and his friends are suspects. Twelve hours ago, the Hampshire County Sheriff's Department received a call from a man they believed to be in danger; the caller refused to directly specify the threat, until he handed this picture to authorities." The image on the projector changed to that of what appeared to be a woman in a white dress floating above the trees of a forest. "This sighting is presumed to be Sarah Morrison, one of the nine missing persons associated with the case. Our agents within the department informed us the moment this picture was secured, and declared a state of emergency requiring immediate action. Any non-foundation personnel who came into contact or heard mention of this picture has been detained and given amnestic treatment. However the clock is still ticking, and the Foundation has seen fit to sanction a raid on the Pender Commune."

    An older Foundation commander named Mercer walked to the front of the room to address the troops and give them their objective. "Your objective is to recce the commune, assess for any anomalous activity, and secure the property for a containment team. Any persons among side are to be detained or neutralized in accordance with the ROE. If no anomalous activity is found, you will exfil and RTB. Epsilon 6 will be the primary entry team, while our friends from Nu-7 will provide the outer cordon, short-range artillery, and airsupport, including ISR, which comms will be bouncing off of. Nu-7 will also fill our QRF alongside specialists from Zeta-9, Mu-13, Beta-7, and Lambda-5. As always, Gamma-5 will be running interference to make sure this all stays under the radar. Any questions?"

     "I have a few." Epon says before asking. "What does ROE, RTB, ISR, and QRF mean?"

     "ROE means rules of engagement, RTB means return to base, ISR means intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, and QRF means quick reaction force." Dr. Clef answers.

     The view changed to show helicopters dropping off a group of 14 MTF soldiers in a clearing in a forest. The group quickly but carefully moved into the forest but came to a halt when they spotted something unusual. It was a large dark hole in the ground, smoke seemed to be rising out of it as though something had recently been burnt. One of the agents pulled out a glow stick and tossed it into the hole, looking to see how far deep it went. The light of the glow stick was immediately swallowed by the darkness of the hole and if the glow stick did hit the bottom, then it was too deep to hear.