Chapter 39

Taehyung left a breath to escape his lips as he sat down on the chair and plopped his head on his desk, ignoring the secretary that had followed him inside his office, after the meeting he had just escaped from.

"Sir..are you alright?" The man cautiously spoke to him and Taehyung did not reply for a bit till he raised his hand and signalled him to get closer to him. His face was still face down on the desk and that sure left his secretary in a bit of confusion but after he took a quick look around the room, he leaned closer to Taehyung only to get startled to death when he suddenly lifted his head and looked at him.

"Oh my!" The secretary exclaimed as he had pulled back instantly but Taehyung signalled him to get closer again and after he gulped some of his saliva with difficulty, he approached Taehyung's serious and intimidating looking face.

"Help me clarify some things, now would you?" The man nodded without hesitation at him and Taehyung showed with his index finger towards his right - direction where the meeting room lay- before actually continuing his words.

"Did they just ask of me to be the sole head of the company and reassured me that they will vote for me instead of Jimin, without me even asking them anything?"He looked at his secretary's eyes while he was still doubting himself and his understanding capability for what had just happened in that room made no sense to him. Jimin was more knowledgeable than him and would direct this company better than he could for sure and even though Taehyung was aware that such was not Jimin's wish, the fact that the rest of the shareholders claimed to his supporters instead, left him speechless for they were the first to have complained to Jimin when he had left Taehyung to take his place.

The division of shares between him and Jimin was equal as their father had not favoured anyone more than the other and Jimin and Taehyung together hold the biggest shares of the company and as such together they are in charge. But if what he understood was right, that meant that the shareholders were willing to officially chose him as the official CEO.

"Sir..with all due respect...I think they were saying more than that." The secretary replied and Taehyung's eyebrow rose in confusion for a moment.

"Go on." He urged the man to continued and he did despite the fact that he seemed nervous and hesitant to do so.

"It most likely isn't my place to say this Sir...but the fact that they claimed to support and want you and only you as the CEO most likely means they want you as the only chairman too."

"What? But for that to happen Jimin has to gift me his shares or I have to buy them. Jimin gifting his shares would also mean his personal withdrawal of the family's wealth.  He would never do that." Taehyung laughed a bit at the absurdity of that scenario as he found no reason for his brother to go that far nor he wanted him to do any such thing. He appreciated the fact that the shareholders were accepting him as the CEO as he knew that Jimin was not interested in the position and they had decided together that Taehyung should take the post. Having full responsibility for all this wealth was something Taehyung never thought of and actually did not found himself capable of doing.

"I understand Sir...but what you should get from this is not if Mr Jimin would want such a thing or if you would want such a thing. It's the fact that they are aiming and thinking about such a thing that should worry you a bit." His secretary decided to be as honest as he could with Taehyung, who was obviously not used to the sneaky moves that go down in this business.

"Oh~ So they want to play dirty~ You should have said so sooner!" Taehyung smiled brightly as he pulled away, resting his back comfortably on his chair, a behaviour that left his secretary looking at him with a confused gaze.

"If it's about playing dirty, then I have nothing to worry about. You may not know Mr Secretary but I am an Ace in playing dirty." Taehyung placed his hand near his face and winked at the man as satisfaction and excitement took over him, finding this an opportunity to play and unravel his mischievous mind to the best extend.