Chapter 42

"Sir! What are you doing! Please let her go." You spoke to Namjoon as he had gotten hold of Elle's wrist literally shoved her forward once they reached the living room, with you following behind them.

" Where is that?" He gave you a side glance that left you regretting the fact that you send him a picture of that frame so quickly because now, not only he had let his emotions get the best of him but had also exposed you to Elle for the true colours that your visit had and you surely felt bad as you looked at her confused and scared face.

She looked like someone that was caught up in a sudden storm and did not know what to utter or how to act to protect her own self but honestly even if she knew, judging from the dangerous vibe Namjoon was emitting, this would not end in her favour anyway.

"It's just a picture, why do you have to be so worked up over something so-" You tried to calm him a bit but he just walked away with intentions of finding that room himself and Elle rushed after him, while for the first time you heard her voice raising as she screamed at him to stop. Of course, such a thing did not happen and even though she got by his side and took hold of his arm, he pushed her aside and continued entering into rooms as if he was in his own house.

"You have no right to be searching my place! I will call the police!" She yelled at him as she rushed to position herself as a guard before her bedroom door, her chest raising up and down heavily as her eyes portrayed a sense of desperation that made you see her as a victim in the case and as such something inside you, called you to protect her.

"Please, let's calm down! Sir! We can just talk this out! Please!" You stepped in front of Namjoon, your arms wide open in order to cover Elle that was behind you and after your action, a silence followed that made your brave feeling wave as he stared down at you with intensity.

"Bring me that picture," Namjoon uttered with a low tone voice sounding more demanding than ever and you let your arms fall at the sides of your body, slightly scared of him to the point that you wanted to obey his request, however as you turned around and made eye contact with Elle, her pleading gaze made you unable to even ask her to step aside. 

You had never witnessed such eyes being directed at you. It made you feel as if she was hanging by a cliff and was asking you to save her however you were the one that had practically cornered her like that and for that for the first time in your life, you felt like you had stepped on the other side of the perspective. As if you were the bully and she was the target of your actions. A perspective that sure made your heart clench in regret and pain at that very instant but it was too late to help her now.

You felt Namjoon's hand on your shoulders and he pushed you aside quiet calmly, your feet obeying the direction where he urged you to move and once you were out of his way, he did not hesitate to grab Elle's arms and shove her aside with much more force than he did compare to you, as she collided with the wall and almost fell on the floor.

He barged into the room and Elle followed him as soon as she could, however, he had noticed the frame by her bedside and had walked towards it, taking the picture frame in his hand. "The heck is this?" He uttered right before he turned his gaze on her and she froze in her place, visibly struggling to come up with something to say to him.

You stood by the doorstep feeling like it would be better if you were to not get involved with this but the more the seconds ticked away, the more their staredown felt suffocating and dangerous so you decided to call for help, the only person that could possibly help in this situation. Kim SeokJin.

With trembling hands, you took your phone out of your pocket and walked away so Namjoon could not spot you nor hear you and as such not try to stop you but the truth was that he wouldn't have been able to notice you anyways cause his attention was on Elle and only her.