Chapter 76

The morning had found Elle between many boxes and packages as she had spent her night placing her belongings in suitcases, getting ready to take the step forward she was meant to take.

She had spent enough years in misery, waiting and crying alone and now that the end had arrived, despite the fact that she was in pain, she felt the need to run away the faster she could. There was no point in staying anymore, no value of her looming around places that will only imprison her in her past and bring her more pain.

This apartment that she was living in, had Namjoon all over it. It held the moments of love they had shared, the words of endearment she wanted to erase and the pain that followed after. This place was no longer what she wanted to be in so she had booked herself a ticket for Japan that was about to leave at midday and she had spent the rest of her night, preparing for it.

Certainly, this step towards the unknown that she was about to make, was making her feel anxious but the more scared she was, leaving alone so far to a place she knew no one, the more she liked that fact. No one will know her and as such no one will ever ask her of him. It was gonna be a completely new start. She and herself, just like she has mostly been in her life.

This was the second time she was to find herself at zero without anyone, as the first time had been when she had run away from her family at the age of twenty with nothing but her jacket on and her passport. If someone was to have asked her, how she had made it from her hometown to Seoul, she herself would have found it difficult to explain for as she saw it, it was just heaven's will. How she ended up surviving and finding a good job had also been nothing but a sheer miracle.

Her life had turned around for the better and had made its circle bringing her back to the empty spot she once was, yet this time around, running away sure was being more painful than prior, as Namjoon had torn from her a bigger part of herself than anyone else had ever managed. A part which she could not take back from him, so she had decided to leave it on the wind. Let it go to waste along with every other feeling she ever held towards him.

The food she had on the fridge was now placed in a box in front of her, with her contemplating what to do with all these untouched goods. Throwing them away while they were brand new would be a waste yet she had none to give them to either. Such a small thing, yet she chose to worry over in order to avoid her own thoughts that kept whispering in the back of her mind, filling her with more uncertainty and fear.

"I will let them by my neighbour's door. He might have use for them" She concluded then proceeded to find a sticky note and write something quickly on it, before placing it on top, then she took the package in her arms and walked outside the door, into the corridor and till Hoseok's front door, where she placed the package on the floor and turned around to leave. Yet as she was walking away, the elevator's door opened, revealing the man that lived in that apartment.

Hoseok seemed perplexed once he reached his door and glanced at the box, only to leave his gaze followed her figure that returned to her apartment, not having noticed him at all.

"What's this for?" He ruffled his hair before leaning down and taking hold of the box, then proceeded to open his door and enter inside.

He left it carefully on top of his table and as he observed it from the top, he took notice of the note, that had been written in it, something simple, yet something that made him feel slightly guilty " You have been a good neighbour to me. Please have there as a small thank you."

"I wonder if she would still think the same, is she was to know that the only reason I became her neighbour was to keep an eye on her." He murmured to himself as his hand reached to the note and tore it off, crumbling it on his fist before he threw it aside.