Chapter 63

The familiar smell of smoke hit his nostrils as soon as he pushed that door of the underground club that he usually visits only to meet him. The fog floating in the atmosphere made him scrunch his nose as he proceeded to walk further, making brief eye contact with the bartender who seemed ageless through the passage of years that he remembers him.

Jimin's footsteps were the only sound echoing around until he brought himself to seat at the usual chair he occupies and after that, the bartender pressed the button, filling the place with the sound of blues, that made him feel as if had travelled back in time to the first night that Mr Park had brought him along to this place and introduced him to the man that he considered as the most trusting and capable person he had on his side.

Back then, Jimin was a young kid so he had thought nothing much of the words that his father had told him but as he grew older he had come to realize that indeed, the detective that he had introduced him to, was an asset that he needed to survive among the wild jungle of the rich, that he was brought up in.

When he stepped up from the seat he had taken near the bar, Jimin almost felt happy that he was to see his face again. He sure was an old man in his eyes, but the fact that he was his fathers only friend, somehow made his heart feel nostalgic. Maybe it must have been cause Mr Park was no more and he felt like a link of the past to him.

The old man took hold of the chair opposite his and took his seat, a weary smile on his lips as he made a small bow with his head which Jimin returned to him with a collected face for he had not come to see him for fun at this late hour of the night.

"Every time we meet, you sure make me happy. Should I have high expectations for this meeting too?" He questioned him and the man pulled out from the inner pocket of his jacket a file and passes it to him.

They shared eye contact for a moment before Jimin took it in his hands and opened it, inwardly preparing himself to find out what was that Mr Jung's secret was that he didn't dare entrust it to him via phone call. That doubt however that he held, vanished as he started reading the document before his eyes, leaving him with a feeling far from happiness.

So far in his life, he sure had had the need to blackmail some people here and there, whoever was to come after Mr Park's company and threaten them by unfair means, he was the one that had been taking care of resolving such affairs for years now, yet in all that time, he had never felt as shocked as at that moment.

For what could someone expect from a businessman to have done wrong. At the most, they could have affairs or children born by other women that they could have been hiding. Some could have stolen money or avoided the law by illegal means but Mr Jung surely seemed to have been the most creative of them all.

"Are you sure? Are you sure this is correct?"Jimin questioned him as his eyes left the papers and met the old man's that seemed as collected as ever.

"I have known for a long time since your father once upon a time, had told me to keep a record on him. Mr Jung was always a bit untrustworthy to Mr Park's eyes so he wanted to be prepared just in case. After you contacted me, however, I did a round-up to see if he has been keeping up with his so-called 'good deeds'. The file is updated and you can use it as you please, young Park." The man stood up, right after he finished his words, and as per usual he walked away for his job had come to an end.

The music in the atmosphere grew distant in Jimin's ears, as he stood there, trying to come to terms with the news he had just learned but the more time ticked, the more he felt like he wanted to vomit. He sure never liked the man but he had thought that he was just a cold person that likes to keep to himself, strict and minding his business. Sure he never looked friendly for he never smiled but as a businessman, he had given him the right to that for smiling sure was not easy. There was nothing much to ever judge him or condemn him for and surely Jimin was not from the people that stresses himself with the business of other people, but this sure had left him thinking of the man, as someone despicable and sick.

He grabbed the file again after a while, knowing that he had to read everything in order to be prepared, not knowing that there existed one more thing in that file that was gonna shock him. However, as he kept going, spending the rest of his hours there, reading about each woman he had cornered, by scamming them with hope, he was bound to see that name.

A man with money that lurks in the shadows, and appears as an angel, giving his helpful hand and money to the ones in need. He sure recalled Mr Jung being praised for his generosity. The many sick people he had offered to pay for treatments had even been brought up as a prideful accomplishment once, at a birthday party for his 60th birthday. Why had it never clicked to him back then? Why had he never thought of this more when the suspicion was right before his eyes?

Every person he had saved, had a woman with good looks in their family, be it a daughter or a wife. And every single one of them must have been too desperate for money to end up accepting that deal with the devil. Only thinking about it, made Jimin feel enraged. How could he use someone's misfortune just for his own physical pleasure?

I was thinking of blackmailing you so you will leave us alone Mr Jung, but I don't think I am willing to keep quiet after this. I will destroy you as such I deem to be your karma.

He thought to himself right as he flipped on the next page, his hand freezing instantly upon seeing the most current case that he was still taking care of. The patient that Mr Jung was founding in the hospital and the reason why he was being so generous. Song Nari.

---Change of set---

 The light of dawn found Sira awake in her bed, while Taehyung was sound asleep next to her. They sure had gone to sleep pretty late and she should have been knocked out but strangely enough, even though she was no longer feeling sad or angry, she felt restless.

From the moment they had closed their bedroom door, a feeling had risen inside her, leaving her unable to sleep, even though she was perfectly comfortable and warm under her blankets and the embrace of her boyfriend.

Is it because I have a stranger in the house...

She questioned herself, after the hours she had to spend observing the empty ceiling then she had proceeded to bring to her mind all the conversations she had with Nari before she excused herself at their guest room.

The way she had been so polite with her, and even had complimented her cooking. The way she had thanked her for letting her in tonight and how she had claimed that she will forever be grateful for not leaving her alone outside on this night. She sure was a stranger and someone who as Taehyung had claimed, was not to be trusted, but to Sira, she didn't seem dangerous enough to make her gut feelings fill her with agitation.

There must be something else...did I leave the stove open maybe?"

She thought, then proceeded to quietly slip out of Taehyung's embrace and off the bed. Her footsteps lit as she walked to the door and opened it, exiting the room and stepping into the corridor that was full of light to her surprise.

"I am pretty sure I turned the lights off...didn't I?" She mumbled to herself as she walked further towards the living room, thinking that maybe that had been the reason why she had been so uneasy. She had just forgotten the lights. Surely that small thing made her briefly reassured but as she walked further in an attempt to reach to the switch, Sira's eyes fell on an unexpected sight.

There at their balcony stood Nari, her back facing her way as the wind was blowing her hair lightly. Her hands gripped around the railings, as she was on the outer side of them, making Sira's breath get cut instantly before she unknowingly screamed her name and rushed towards her.

The cry she made, sounded so desperate to Nari's ears, that turned around and looked at this stranger who was running to save her as if she really cared. That strange look of horror in her face, that rush and agony to get a hold of her that had taken over Sira's orbs, penetrated her whole body and before she knew it, she found herself in her tight grip and two eyes, that were begging her to not jump, before her mouth got the chance to.

---To be continued...

OII~ I FINALLY WROTE. AHHHH

I don't even know if this is a good chapter but I will roll with it. I have to get myself going somehow. You all~ My lovely Lolanths~ Thank you for your patience. I will try my best to be better. 

💜💜💜💜💜