Chapter 78

If restlessness could have a physical form that would be Namjoon at that moment, as he had found himself seated in the living room of a practical stranger, who had invited him inside his apartment and had brought him a cup of tea which he had decided to not touch just in case.

"Who are you? Did we know each other in the past?" He questioned as Hoseok finally took a seat opposite him on his couch with his cup of coffee at hand.

"We weren't friends or anything but we sure knew each other. We had a superficial business relationship I would say." He threw his gaze towards his ceiling as he spoke, recalling the few times they had met and concluding that those were the fittest words to describe those encounters.

"Why would someone like you know anything regarding my accident then?" Namjoon did not hesitate to show his doubts over the man and Hoseok took a sip of his coffee before letting it aside.

"The day of your accident...I was there." He met his eyes as he uttered words that he had kept to himself for years, witnessing Namjoon's face that morphed in a soft surprise, before he decided to cover it as the thought that he could be lying crossed his mind.

"What proof do you have of that? I don't wanna sound rude but I have absolutely no reason to believe anything you might say." Hoseok nodded his head upon hearing his reasonable words, inwardly regretting slightly the fact that he had gotten involved with him. He should have let him go instead of going through all this trouble.

"Unfortunately I have no proof but I do have the truth. Since I already took this step, I will let you hear it. You believe it or not, has nothing to do with me nor does it interest me." They maintained eye contact for a bit, Namjoon contemplating over what games this stranger was trying to pull on him but simultaneously he was more curious than he was doubtful of him so he allowed him to start speaking his so-called truth.

"On the day of the accident...You had an arranged date with Miss Lee Byeol at a hotel a bit outside of the city in which you had gone for vocational reasons. Or so you had claimed." The mentioning of his girlfriend had Namjoon pay more attention to Hoseok's words for he seemed to know more than simply the fact that he had been in an accident. A piece of information that was easy to be found but not the fact that he was on a vacation, for only his family members knew details related to the occasion.

"To my knowledge, you and Miss Byeol had met each other two more times prior that day, however you had made it clear that you were not interested from the first date...for reasons unknown at the beginning. She however could not afford to lose someone like you and was being highly pressured by her mother to make this work. Because of that she had called you that day, told you that she was near the place you were and that she wanted to meet you and you addressed her to stop by at that hotel as you would get to her instead." Hoseok laid back on his couch, recalling the day as if it was playing before his eyes at that very moment.

"If I am, to be honest back then I remember finding it strange the way you panicked over the fact that she could come to find you. But yet again, you were a single man on a vacation...I should have guessed that it was because you weren't alone." Hoseok smiled a bit but soon his smile faded as Elle's face popped in his head.

"You arrived pretty quickly I have to say and I was seated at a close distance, to ensure that the Byeol's plan would go well."

"Plan? What plan?" Namjoon questioned him and Hoseok left an exhale escape his lips, for he wasn't exactly proud that he had accepted to help her in such a plan, but back then, he didn't have many options but to remain on her good side.

"I told you, she needed to get you no matter what so what better way but to have you sleep with her. Even if you didn't want her, she would have something to tie you with even blackmail you, if you will. She had paid the waiter to spike your order with some sleeping pills"