16. Jhanvi

Dt: 14/02/2024

Dear Readers,

The first thing to say is a big sorry.

I am sorry for disappearing without any notice 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I am heartily grateful for everyone's concern. Many readers reached out through DM's and conversations.

I am sorry🙏🙏 for not responding.

I can't pinpoint any reason for my disappearance. At first due to Corona life changed and later on my father's accident in 2020.

He is fine now.

Due to all these happenings, I was unable to write. When everything settled and life was on track I forgot the storyline and lost touch in writing.

Now, after many trials and errors. I am on track.

This time, I promise I won't disappear before completing my story.

*****************************************************

Third-Person Point Of View:

Khushi glanced at the huge building in front of her. She let out a deep breath as she made her way into the university.

«Now, I have to search for my class in this vast university»...... She thought as she walked through the hallway.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, she heard a voice and that person was talking with God just like she does with her Devi Maiya. She grew curious to see that person. She followed the voice and came across a girl.

A big smile appeared on Khushi's face seeing that person.

"God, please help me find an Indian student in this foreign university" That girl was praying with her hands folded.

Khushi moved closer to her, as she asked. "Are you an Indian?"

"Yes," that girl replied, glancing at Khushi up and down. "You are also an Indian," she added.

"What is your name?" Khushi asked.

"Jhanvi.
What about yours?" Jhanvi replied.

"Khushi"

"Are you a fresher?
If yes, then what is your department?" Khushi fired numerous questions.

Jhanavi glanced at her for once and moved forward. Khushi followed her expecting answers with twinkling eyes and thanking her devi maiya.

"Yes, I am fresher in Fashion designing department"

Khushi jumped with joy and sent a chain of hundred prayers to her devi maiya with a big smile. She felt gratitude to her devi maiya for bringing an Indian girl as her classmate. She felt relaxed as she wouldn't feel lonely and out of place on her first day at college that too after a long break from her studies.

Jhanvi side-eyed Khushi with a weird expression. Why is she getting excited out of nowhere?

Feeling her gaze, Khushi paused her little celebration. "I am also in the Fashion designing department and I am nervous on my first day"

A sudden shark appeared in Jhanvi's eyes. "You are an Indian and in the same department as I.
Wow, God has accepted my request in a few minutes" She pulled Khushi in a bone-crushing hug leaving her startled.

"You know, I was longing for a friend in this foreign land" Pulling out of trance Khushi hesitatingly patted her back with a smile. "Me too"

"Let's search for our future" Saying Jhanvi started walking followed by a confused Khushi.