19. Arnav's Business Trip

Silence,

Awkward silence.

To be specific, ignorance. A few minutes ago, it was only Khushi but at present Arnav also joined in this ignorance game.

After hearing about his wife's problems that caused her to conclude her death date, he forgot to react. To be specific he doesn't know how to react.

His mind became blank and it is still the same.

Today, the buildings are more intriguing than her husband.  She clenched her bag to her heart as if her life depended on it and fidgeted with the zipper.

Hey, Devi Maiya, Why is a minute feeling like a century?
It feels like I have been in this car for 1000 years.

.
.

Oh.. Does that mean I have to spend another thousand years in this car?

Devi Maiya, Can you teleport us to college?

...... She requested her devi Maiya but seems like at that moment she was busy and Khushi's wish didn't come true and she spent another thousand years stealing glances at her husband.

The moment the car halted in front of the college. She jumped out of the car and turned around after walking a few steps.

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh, feeling frustrated. She doesn't want to ignore him and she does not like this ignoring game that she started. 

She looked at the car as it drove away. She doesn't want to admit it but she was missing Arnav's forehead kiss. The past week, even though she was not talking he never forgot to kiss her but today she didn't get the kiss and she can't blame anyone but herself.

"Hey, Khushi" She saw Jhanvi walking towards her.

Khushi hummed in response and walked to the gate. Jhanvi took long strides to catch up with her.

"Did someone steal your treasure?" Khushi frowned and paused at her inquiry.

Jhanvi laughed, poking her forehead. "Your face is the same as the one who robbed the World Bank but got caught on the same night?

So, what made you lose Mrs Lovesick?" Jhanvi caught her shoulders and dragged her to the class as it was time.

She signed at her endearment and let Jhanvi drag her. She kept on telling her to call her by name but Jhanvi never listened.

She now understood that no one could compete with Jhanvi in stubbornness.

.
.
.

"It's time,
Tell me, what happened?
Why were you looking lost in the morning?" Jhanvi asked as they sat in the canteen.

Jhanvi struggled to keep her curiosity at bay during her class and now she was determined to dig deeper into Khushi's mind.

Khushi gazed at her friend with a confused look. Arnav's ignorant behaviour crossed her mind. She doesn't want to be ignored by Arnav.

But, you ignored him for a week.

Have you ever thought about how he felt facing your ignorance?

Realization hit her like a cold water splash in chilled weather. A new resolve formed in her to atone for her mistakes and apologize to Arnav. But the problem is her stupid heart which is acting strange around her husband.

Khushi again glanced at Jhanvi with a resolution. "Jhanvi, I have a question.

Will you answer" She asked, racking her mind to form words which could describe her problems.