- three: punishment and history project -

It was 5 o'clock in the morning when Hanna was woken up by her alarm, reminding her that it was Monday and she had to clean the school as punishment.

"Why are you up so early today?" Hanna's mother asked while yawning, being woken up by the noises Hanna made while trying to make herself breakfast.

"I'm on duty this week, so I have to go to school an hour early to clean the school." Hanna lied, worried that her mother would be mad if she found out she'd tried to escape school.

When Hanna arrived at their classroom, she was surprised to see that Taehyung was already there, and even got the brooms prepared.

"I came straight to school without eating breakfast, that's why I'm early." Taehyung said, knowing that Hanna was going to ask him why he was so early, judging from Hanna's surprised facial expression.

"I see." Hanna nodded, and thus the both of them started working and spent another ordinary day at school.

The next morning Hanna prepared extra toast with strawberry jam before going to school, as she remembered that Taehyung didn't have breakfast the day before.

"Aww, thank you so much! You didn't have to do that." Taehyung was surprised but grateful when Hanna handed him the toast.

"By the way, why did you choose to help me the other day? I feel guilty seeing how you're now being punished all because of me." Hanna asked when she suddenly realized she had never asked Taehyung the reason behind.

"Well, I figured you must've had your own reasons when you decided to climb over the school wall." Taehyung smiled and shrugged, and his answer shook Hanna— how can someone have faith in her so unconditionally, supporting her decisions without asking why?

The two of them were responsible for cleaning the music room that day. After quickly eating their toast in the corridor, they entered the music room to start working. There were a lot of old musical instruments covered with dust in the music room, and so Hanna and Taehyung started cleaning them with wet towels.

"I know how to play that!" Taehyung sounded delighted when he noticed a saxophone, and Hanna was surprised.

"Let me show you." Taehyung then performed a song on the saxophone for Hanna. Though the performance wasn't flawless as Taehyung made a few mistakes, it was still a blessing to the ears.

Looking at Taehyung, who was focused on playing the saxophone, Hanna's heart started pounding. What's the matter with me? Hanna wondered, as she put her hand over her heart.

-

Soon a week passed, as Hanna and Taehyung finally finished their punishment.

It was history class, and their teacher announced that they had to do a project on Sejong the Great in groups of four. Taehyung took the initiative to invite Hanna to become his groupmate, while Hanna invited Sunhee. The three of them thus formed a group with their classmate Lee Jaemyung, who couldn't find any groupmates.

Jaemyung had always been quiet and unnoticed at school, but in reality he was from a pretty wealthy family. The reason he was so quiet was because his parents had always left him alone at home when they went out to work, causing him to be introverted. Given that Jaemyung's parents were always not home, the four of them thus decided to discuss and work on the project at Jaemyung's home during the weekend.

Weekend finally came, and the four of them gathered at Jaemyung's home, happily discussing the project. Although Jaemyung was shy and introverted, the discussion was still a relaxing and happy one with groupmates like Sunhee and Taehyung, who were extroverted and always cheerful. Jaemyung felt safe and comfortable speaking to Sunhee, Taehyung and Hanna, and as Jaemyung gradually opened his heart, the four of them eventually became close friends with each other.

Soon it was decided that the four of them would work on Sejong the Great's biography, and his contribution to military, technology and culture respectively. With the cheerful atmosphere and the snacks and drinks Jaemyung prepared beforehand, the four of them were able to work efficiently, researched all the information needed and completed the entire project in an afternoon.

Hanna was using the washroom before going home, when she heard Sunhee's cheerful voice speaking in the living room, "Why don't we go have dinner together and hang out for a bit more before going home?"

Before Hanna could go out and say yes to Sunhee, Taehyung sighed deeply,  "I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid I can't join you guys. I've got to go to the movies with a girl from the other class later."

Go to the movies...? With another girl...? For some reason Hanna had a weird feeling in her stomach, that almost felt like— jealousy?

Realizing that, Hanna immediately splashed her face with water. What's the problem with you, Choi Hanna? You've always known that Taehyung is popular and goes out with different girls, the fact that he's going to the movies with a girl is nothing new nor surprising. You're just a nobody to Taehyung, so why are you even bothered? Pull yourself together and stop overthinking!

-

A/N:

A/N:

That's all for today!! Hope you've enjoyed the story so far ^^

I'll be back with another update soon ;)