- sixteen: grant me a wish -

September marked the coming of autumn, and at the same time, the beginning of a semester. After two months of not seeing each other in their summer holiday, the classmates had a lot of talks, and chit chat and giggles filled the classroom.

"Alright, alright, I know you guys are excited because you haven't seen each other for a while, but I have an important announcement to make right now. Would you please keep quiet for a moment?" The class immediately became quiet after their class teacher, Mr Song, walked to the lectern and said.

"As you probably know, our school has a tradition that 10th graders go on a school trip every autumn, and this year is no exception. Our school trip is scheduled from next Wednesday to next Thursday, so please prepare your clothes and luggage for two days and one night beforehand. Next Wednesday, please report to the classroom on time according to the usual class time. The tour bus won't wait for anyone, so please be punctual, understand? Latecomers will have to go to the campsite by themselves!" Mr Song announced.

"Yes, sir!" The whole class answered excitedly, and the topic of their heated discussion instantly changed from things that happened during their summer holiday to their upcoming school trip.

"You didn't forget what we said last time, did you? Remember to wear the outfit we bought for our school trip next week!" Sunhee whispered in Hanna's ear, worried that Taehyung, who was sitting behind them, would overhear their conversation.

"Mhm, got it." Hanna nodded and whispered back.

"At that time, I'll set Taehyung up with you and tell you what to do, so all you have to do is listen to me. I've watched a bunch of romance dramas, so I know about these kinds of things best, trust me." Sunhee continued to whisper in Hanna's ear.

"What are you two mysteriously talking about?" Taehyung couldn't help but ask behind them.

"Shhh—" Sunhee put her index finger to her lips, turned around and made a shush gesture, "It's a secret between us girls."

-

On the day of their school trip, Hanna got up early in the morning, put on the white shirt and the pink skirt she and Sunhee bought together, put on some light makeup, and headed to school with a bag of luggage.

"Yo, Hanna! You look cute in this outfit today." A male classmate whistled at Hanna as she entered the classroom.

"Thanks." Hanna replied shyly and headed to her seat.

After witnessing all this, Taehyung felt an inexplicable sour and bitter sensation in his chest, and just as he was about to greet Hanna, he was cut off by Sunhee who was standing beside Hanna.

"I knew it! This outfit suits you so well sweetie, you look amazing today!" Sunhee grabbed Hanna's arm and chattered excitedly, "I'm sure you can capture all the boys' hearts!"

Capture... all the boys' hearts? Taehyung, who was sitting behind them, furrowed his brows when he heard Sunhee's words— capture whose heart? Does Hanna have a crush on another boy...?

Before Taehyung could speak to Hanna, their class teacher Mr Song walked into the classroom and announced that the tour bus had already arrived, and that everyone should line up in front of the school gate in an orderly manner as they wait to get on the bus. Students thus proceeded to leave the classroom, with Taehyung going first, followed by Hanna, Sunhee and Jaemyung.

After boarding the bus, Taehyung took a window seat on the left side of the aisle. When he saw Hanna, who was still standing in the aisle, he patted the empty seat next to him and looked at her with puppy eyes, "Would you like to sit with me, Hanna?"