- two: getting into trouble -

Standing before Hanna was Taehyung, who had just gone to the washroom and was about to go back to the basketball court to join the rest of the class.

"Were you... trying to escape school?" Taehyung asked with a facial expression that made it difficult for Hanna to guess what he was thinking.

"I... I..." Hanna stuttered as she was trying to come up with an excuse that could explain her behaviour, worried that Taehyung would report her to the teacher.

"Let me help you." Taehyung interrupted before waiting for Hanna to finish her sentence, "The school wall's too tall for you to climb over right? I'll lift you up."

"Tha... Thank you..." Hanna stuttered as Taehyung grabbed her calves and lifted her up. But before she could land her hands on the top of the school wall, a loud whistle echoed throughout the basketball court, followed by their teacher yelling, "Stop it! What do you think you two are doing?"

The next thing Hanna knew was that she was standing in the office of the dean of students, with Taehyung standing beside her.

"Who gave you the courage to escape school by climbing over the school wall? You must be out of your mind!" The dean of students shouted in an angry voice.

"I'm sorry, sir. I promise I'll never do it again." Hanna and Taehyung bowed their heads and apologized.

The dean of students then went on to scold the two of them for another one and a half hour, taking away their time for lunch before concluding, "You two should come to school an hour early every day for the coming week to clean the school as punishment!"

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir." Hanna and Taehyung nodded before quickly leaving the office.

For the class after lunch break, Hanna was again reprimanded for forgetting to bring her assignment to school, and was made to stay behind after school.

After school, Hanna unwillingly went to the staffroom to meet her teacher, and was scolded for another hour: "How old are you? Don't you know the importance of handing in assignments on time? How can you make such a simple mistake of forgetting to bring your assignment? Why don't you forget about coming to school then?"

Ugh, today's the unluckiest day ever, Hanna thought to herself as the teacher finally finished condemning her. When Hanna opened the staffroom door, ready to go home, she was surprised to find Taehyung standing outside.

"Taehyung...?"

"I'm here to return your wallet, I found it lying on our classroom's floor after school." Taehyung said as he handed over a wallet to Hanna, "It's Friday and I figured it'd be really inconvenient for you if you didn't get it back now, since you wouldn't be able to get it back before Monday."

"And so you waited outside the staffroom for an hour just to give it back to me? First you helped me in the morning and got into trouble because of me, and now this? Words cannot describe how grateful and surprised I am," Hanna said, "You must be hungry as well since the both of us didn't get to have lunch, so why don't I treat you to dinner to thank you?"

"Sure!" Taehyung readily agreed, and thus Hanna took Taehyung to a small restaurant near their school, and treated Taehyung to dinner.

Through talking to each other while eating, Hanna had come to realize that Taehyung was just an outgoing, cheerful and sincere boy, but not a playboy with a glib tongue as she had imagined. Without realizing it, Hanna started seeing Taehyung differently, thinking positively of him.

Perhaps... he's actually a pretty nice guy after all?

-

A/N:

A/N:

That's all for today!! I'll continue to work hard on the third chapter and hopefully it can be published soon :D

Again, let me know your thoughts by commenting, and I'll see you all soon ♡