- nine: under the moonlight -

It was another ordinary school day, and Hanna and Taehyung were packing their school bags, ready to go home after a series of tiring classes. But when Taehyung was about to leave the classroom, he was stopped by the tallest boy in class, who folded his hands together and pleaded, "Taehyung, would you do me a favour, please?"

"What kind of favour?" Taehyung tilted his head in wonder.

It turned out that the boy was the captain of their class' basketball team, who had been training very hard with his teammates, hoping to win the inter-class basketball game which would be held in the following month. However, one of his teammates accidentally fell off the stairs over the past weekend, so he couldn't walk without a crutch for at least a month.

"We've been working very hard for this game, and we really want to win. I really hope you can fill the vacancy of our injured teammate, and join us in the game." The team captain bowed to Taehyung.

"Me? I do play basketball as a hobby, but it's just for fun. I have no confidence in winning the game, and I'm worried that I'll be a burden for your team if I join you." Taehyung seemed a bit troubled and reluctant.

"I've been observing our classmates playing basketball in PE class, and to be honest you're the one with the most potential, so if you reject me I seriously don't know who else I can turn to for help..." The team captain looked like he was about to cry.

"Fine, I guess I'll join you in the game then." Taehyung heaved a sigh. The truth was, he felt a lot of pressure as he wasn't as skilled as the other teammates of the basketball team, and he was worried that the team would lose because of him; however, given Taehyung's kindness, he couldn't say no to the team captain.

And just like that, Taehyung started training with the basketball team every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school. He also started receiving intensive training on weekends, all of which aimed at helping him catch up with the other teammates within a month. But intensive training also implied that Taehyung didn't have much time left to be with Hanna.

Knowing that Taehyung worked very hard, Hanna would always stay after school with the excuse of studying in the school library, and buy him sports drinks when his training was over. After finishing the drink, Taehyung and Hanna would walk to the bus stop together, before they parted ways and took different buses home. This was the only time they could be together during the day, and it soon became their little habit.

-

It was around 10 pm on the Saturday night before the game, when Hanna, who had just taken a shower, returned to her room, ready to do her homework.

Ding-dong. Hanna's phone, which was on the desk, rang suddenly, and she picked it up curiously. Who can it be at this hour?

"Are you asleep? I'm in the park we went to last time. Come if you're available, I'll wait for you." It was a text message from Taehyung.

Without hesitation, Hanna immediately changed her clothes, but was stopped by her mother before she could leave the apartment.

"It's getting late, where are you going alone?" Hanna's mother furrowed her brows, surprised by her daughter's abnormal behaviour.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be back soon!" Hanna said as she rushed out the door, without waiting for her mother to reply.

"Hanna's never been out this late before," Hanna's mother sighed as she sat on the sofa, "Guess she's grown up and won't listen to me anymore."