- twenty two: he's gone -

On Monday morning, as soon as Hanna stepped into the classroom, she automatically looked in the direction behind her seat, only to find that Taehyung's seat was empty.

"Hasn't Taehyung come to school yet? He's about to be late," Hanna mumbled to herself, "And I was planning to ask him why he called on Saturday."

Hanna heaved a sigh as she walked to her seat, and soon their class teacher Mr Song walked into the classroom. The noisy classroom fell silent as soon as Mr Song walked to the lectern.

"Attention, please! I have a quick announcement to make today." Mr Song cleared his throat before continuing, "Your classmate, Kim Taehyung, is moving to Seoul. Because of this, he has recently completed the school leaving procedures, and will transfer to a high school there. Despite Taehyung being missing from our class from now on, I hope that everyone can continue to get along well."

Countless whispers filled the classroom upon hearing this shocking news:

"What? Taehyung is transferring to another school?"

"Why so suddenly?"

"No way, I can't imagine school life without Taehyung!"

"Hey Choi Hanna," Sunhee widened her eyes in disbelief, and kept shaking Hanna's arm, "Why didn't you tell me that Taehyung was moving to Seoul? Aren't we friends?"

However, Hanna just sat there blankly and mumbled, "I don't know, I knew nothing about this... About transferring, and about moving to Seoul... I had no idea... Why didn't he tell me... Why did he leave without saying goodbye..."

"Hanna, are you okay...?" Sunhee looked at Hanna worriedly, but Hanna was too dumbfounded to reply.

For the rest of the day, Hanna seemed absent-minded in class. Every word the teacher said went in one ear and out the other, and all she could think of was the news of Taehyung leaving: No way, this can't be true... Why would Taehyung leave so suddenly? Mr Song must be kidding, is this a hidden camera prank?

-

"Hanna! Wait-"

Regardless of Sunhee's shouting, Hanna picked up her schoolbag and ran out of the classroom as soon as the after school bell rang, running at her fastest speed without looking back. She desperately wanted to find Taehyung, but it was only when she got to the school gate that she realized that she never knew Taehyung's address.

What do I do now? Oh right, I have to call Taehyung... Call... My cell phone! I must hurry to the mobile phone repair store to get my phone back! With that in mind, Hanna immediately ran in the direction of the mobile phone repair store. Although Hanna was told her phone wouldn't be fixed until Tuesday, she couldn't wait and didn't care anymore at this point.

"You're really lucky, miss." The old shopkeeper said to Hanna when she finally arrived at the mobile phone repair store, "Your phone was supposed to be repaired tomorrow, but it happened to be repaired ahead of time at noon today, so you can take it back and use it now."

"Thank you very much." Hanna quickly thanked the shopkeeper, and left the store with her repaired phone.

As soon as Hanna walked out of the store, she searched for Taehyung's name in the contacts on her phone, and dialled the familiar number; however, the voice coming from the other end of the phone was a cold robotic one: "Sorry, but the number you dialled is not a working number. Please make sure the number is correct and try again."

"The number you dialled is not a working number." Did Taehyung change his phone number...? But why?

Why did he not only leave without saying goodbye, but also changed his number so that no one could contact him?

-

In the park, Hanna sat alone on the swing, staring at the fallen leaves at her feet.

What Hanna didn't know was that Taehyung was sitting on the exact same swing two days ago, and she came to this park two days late— if she had come two days earlier, she would've met Taehyung that day, and told him about her feelings for him before he left for Seoul.

"Didn't you say you liked me? Didn't you say you were going to confess to me? But why did you leave without saying anything? You didn't even leave any contact information, as if we had never met. Don't you think it's too cruel for you to just completely disappear from my life like this?"

Hanna recalled her memories since meeting Taehyung: at first, she mistook Taehyung for a playboy and wasn't very fond of him, but they grew closer and became friends since the day Taehyung helped her escape from school, and eventually they started to fall in love with each other...

Lost in her thoughts, Hanna only realized that she had been crying when her fingers touched her face, which was covered with tears.

"Kim Taehyung, you still owe me a confession! You can't just leave me like this, I haven't told you my answer yet! I love you too!" Hanna's heart-wrenching cries echoed through the empty park.

[End of Part 1]

-

A/N:

A/N:

Omg it's really been a long journey, and I want to thank each of you for being part of it!! None of this would've been possible without your support, so I'd like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to all my readers. Thank you for watching this story slowly grow from scratch, and for staying by my side despite my many imperfections.

I'm sorry if the last few chapters made you sad, but at the same time I'd like to remind you that this is NOT the end of the whole book. This is just the end of Part 1, and PART 2 WILL BE COMING SOON!!

From now on, I'll spend some time planning the plot outline of Part 2, and I apologize for keeping you waiting again. Please understand that this is necessary to make my story better, but while you wait for Part 2, I have a small gift for my dear readers~!! (A little spoiler: I'll be releasing the two concept clips I made for this book soon hehe)

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again soon ♡ (Another spoiler: Part 2 will have its setting in Seoul in 2014, after Hanna moved to Seoul for university!!)